Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about tickets for Rogers Center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
If everything goes as planned I'll be spending a month in Toronto next summer and I couldn't help myself to already check the schedule for the Blue Jays. For my amazement I found out the Red Sox (favorite team) play there in July. My question is how hard will it be to get tickets? Should I start looking and if I can pick them now? or I could wait till I'm there?

Thanks in advance guys

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I went to Toronto for the opening series a few years ago and the Sox opened against them. Opening day was sold out but the other games in the series were not. There were mostly Sox fans and there should be plenty of tickets. Enjoy yourself, it's a great city.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Just wondering why you would wait to get tickets? If I knew I was gonna be someplace and my favorite team would be playing there, I would snatch up tickets the day they went on sale to ensure I would be going to a game. JMO

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Musial Collector said:
Just wondering why you would wait to get tickets? If I knew I was gonna be someplace and my favorite team would be playing there, I would snatch up tickets the day they went on sale to ensure I would be going to a game. JMO

The most important factor right now is money (I have to pay application fee, school fee, plane ticket, Canadian visa, before I get to spend on things I'll be doing there) and the second is that I'm not 100% sure I'll be there, but almost sure.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
I was lucky enough to be in town and attend one game last year. In my opinion, the most important game of the year...................... Halladay vs Burnett

I bought 2 excellent tickets the night before the game, online, from the Jays website. ( it did sell out, but....... )

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
It really depends on what quality of tickets you want.

First off, ordering them now means paying a ridiculous ticketmaster charge per ticket. It adds a pretty good chunk to the price of your tickets and it's very annoying.

Red Sox / Yankees weekends are normally worst on Halladay days, but obviously he's no longer with the club. Decent, but not great, tickets will be available at the gate.

Normally, by this time, the scalpers have already purchased what they needed and the next big spike in sales will come around opening day. I'd check now to see what's still available and gauge it by that.

Uhh, that's about it. Ticket master has up to date info, so you'll be able to track it as it fills up..

Also, I'd check the blue jays giveaway schedule on their mlb site, as that'll also increase the number of peeps.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Musial Collector said:

If were talking teams that do not sell out their games it's cheaper to not buy the tickets from the ballclub and just pick them up through Stubhub.

For ex. - I was looking at tickets for when the Red Sox are here in Chicago. There are some available now through the team, but since the Red Sox are the super premium price - it's like $35 plus whatever $10+ ridiculous ticketmaster fee would be added on just to sit in the upper deck.

I waited last year and bought tickets the night before the game and was able to sit 3rd row LF right behind the bullpen and payed $22 total for each ticket. I admit the White Sox could be in it this year in September, so waiting may backfire, but I can't help but think someone will be looking to unload tickets - and for the White Sox to ask for like $45 a ticket for the upper-deck of a regular season weekday game is just ridiculous

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Rogers Centre ;) :lol:

Nice city you should enjoy it very well... Tickets are ofcourse harder to come by for Red Sox & Yanks, but if you are willing to sit anywhere then right up till gameday is fine. If your thinking up close then right now is a good time....

Good luck with getting the tickets you want.

Shep :ugeek:

Members online

Latest posts