Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3/19 ST Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Brennan Boesch had a walkoff hit for Detroit yesterday, he's having a big spring and hopefully will continue that today.

Porcello is on the mound for the first half of Detroit's split squad day, still has yet to surrender a run in ST.

Who are you following?

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Following Matt Antonelli, already three articles about him in the morning paper saying he's back on the map. Will most likely start in the minors but if Eckstein struggles he could replace him in a hurry.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Seiya said:
Following Matt Antonelli, already three articles about him in the morning paper saying he's back on the map. Will most likely start in the minors but if Eckstein struggles he could replace him in a hurry.

Any articles on Darnell James? :(

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Seiya said:
EricInCT said:
Seiya said:

some, except that he was optioned to minor league camp, and will probably head to AA.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010 ... od-padres/

he is a big bust ::facepalm::

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
The Twins closer situation. Hopefully they fill it in-house and save the money for Mauer, but there seems to be a boat load of rumors out there about Bell, Frasor, Wood, etc. Hopefully they are just rumors and active imaginations ...

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
EricInCT said:
Seiya said:
EricInCT said:
Seiya said:

some, except that he was optioned to minor league camp, and will probably head to AA.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010 ... od-padres/

he is a big bust ::facepalm::

I'm sure you have some intelligent reasoning to back that up.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Porcello strikes out Jeter on three straight fastballs...Jeter took all three... and gets a 1-2-3 inning.

He's pounding the strikezone today, I'm really excited about how he will pitch this season. He has been nothing short of dominant so far this spring, 10 innings, zero runs, and opposing hitters are only batting about .120 against him

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Porcello strikes out Jeter on three straight fastballs...Jeter took all three... and gets a 1-2-3 inning.

He's pounding the strikezone today, I'm really excited about how he will pitch this season. He has been nothing short of dominant so far this spring, 10 innings, zero runs, and opposing hitters are only batting about .120 against him

3-1 Yankees

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
vwnut13 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

3-1 Yankees

All unearned runs.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
vwnut13 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":t9mm7q7l]Porcello strikes out Jeter on three straight fastballs...Jeter took all three... and gets a 1-2-3 inning.

3-1 Yankees

All unearned runs.[/quote:t9mm7q7l]

ARod just crushed one over the scoreboard, first earned run on Porcello this spring.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
vwnut13 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ARod just crushed one over the scoreboard, first earned run on Porcello this spring.

MOONSHOT!! :eek:

450ft+ for sure!

And into the wind!

A no-doubter for sure, I laughed when I saw it off the bat.

Overall a good outing for Porcello, his stuff looked good and he threw strikes. Other than leaving that ball up in the zone to ARod, he didn't make any notable mistakes and no one was really hitting the ball hard at all. Lots of grounders and choppers, just gotta have the defense step up and make the plays.

No Andy Oliver pitches for the first time this spring.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Overall a good outing for Porcello, his stuff looked good and he threw strikes. Other than leaving that ball up in the zone to ARod, he didn't make any notable mistakes and no one was really hitting the ball hard at all. Lots of grounders and choppers, just gotta have the defense step up and make the plays.

Congrats Tigers! You win!!!

(Albaladejo is in the game!)

If you don't score 5 runs this inning, wow!

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
vwnut13 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Congrats Tigers! You win!!!

(Albaladejo is in the game!)

If you don't score 5 runs this inning, wow!

:lol:

I was at the game. A-rods homerun was just ridiculously far. Albaladejo didnt give up 5 runs.

So.........arizona is looking pretty good against the amazing royals hitting. They have only given up 17 runs in 4 innings and brian anderson only has 7 rbi's after 4 innings.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Josh Reddick: 2-4 with a run scored.
Jeremy Hermida hit his first HR.
Garrett Jones doubled and homered.
Yankee's NRI Jon Weber hit his third double in 10 games raising his spring BA to .588.
Wilson Ramos homered off Johan Santana.
Kendry Morales is looking like a hitter in his prime with a home run. He's batting .432.
Pablo Sandoval was spiked and received 5 stitches in his shin. He's day-to-day.
Kansas City creamed Arizona 24-5. In on that was Brian Anderson who hit for the cycle and drove in 7, and Josh Fields who had 3 hits and 5RBI.

Rick Porcello got the loss in an otherwise good 3 IP. Too bad all that'll be shown on TV from that game is Alex Rodriguez's home run.
Kevin Slowey picked up his third win of the spring, going 3 innings and lowering his ERA to 0.82. He gave up three hits and only 1 ER. In 11 IP, Slowey has given up 5 hits, walked 3, and struck out 10.
In the same game, Tony Swarzak looked more like he did last year: 2IP 2H 1ER 0BB 3K.
Strasburg has given up two home runs.

Members online