Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Mayo Baseball?

Would you buy?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Would you buy a Topps Mayo Baseball product?

!BfJ)01!!mk~$(KGrHqUOKjMErzSTSQEZBL!HPc,s-!~~_12.jpg

I think that it would be a really nice product. I really like 2008 Topps Mayo Football.

The hits would be the same as those in Allen and Ginter. Framed Mini autos and GU, Rip Cards, etc.

I think Mayo would be a good replacement for Topps T-206 in the future.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
I enjoy most of the retro design products so I would welcome it, and considering the latest T206 product wasn't all that great I wouldn't mind seeing this replace it.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
They're nice, but I'd rather see these as inserts in another product, just like what Topps does with Turkey Red.

I still feel there is too much product out there.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
These do not look good for TTM/IP autos IMHO. Blue Sharpie on that background--and these are usually tight face or shoulder-up shots--doesn't look good to me. And better not have it signed with a black Sharpie. (hey--where's the auto?) I like retro sets as much as anybody, but A&G, Goudey, Heritage, Goodwin, etc. are much more autograph friendly.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Greg Cleveland said:
These do not look good for TTM/IP autos IMHO. Blue Sharpie on that background--and these are usually tight face or shoulder-up shots--doesn't look good to me. And better not have it signed with a black Sharpie. (hey--where's the auto?) I like retro sets as much as anybody, but A&G, Goudey, Heritage, Goodwin, etc. are much more autograph friendly.

The football version had Color Background on the full size, and the minis looked like the Pujols.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
vwnut13 said:
Greg Cleveland said:

The football version had Color Background on the full size, and the minis looked like the Pujols.

Last year's Mayo with the color pics looked great! But it's the black and white set from the year before that I didn't care for.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Greg Cleveland said:
Last year's Mayo with the color pics looked great! But it's the black and white set from the year before that I didn't care for.

2008 Mayo had color photos also.

!BoTBnnQBmk~$(KGrHqUH-CEEt66LPVf6BLm-FOTL)Q~~_12.jpg

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:

These signed in Blue would look pretty nice. Signed in black? who does that? hahaha
I still like these...but to each..his own.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts