Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

More 2010 Topps Variations Unearthed - Red Sox Sam Adams SSP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
So things have been busy since the Abe Lincoln variations craze was unearthed and I haven't had a chance to scour my thousands of 2010 Topps singles to see if I had any.

While searching through my singles the Dustin Richardson card got my attention because he is a only Red Sox player to have a blue border, not red. So I thought that maybe there is a red border variation and while looking at them side by side I noticed what appeared to be patriot, signer of the Declaration and Boston's favorite son - Sam Adams in the background of one of them.

Bingo! Another variation, like the Lincoln. So I peruse the other Red Sox cards and found 6 different Sam Adams variations...Dustin Richardson, Kevin Youkilis, Victor Martinez, Jason Bay, Rocco Baldelli and Jonathan Papelbon.

2010-topps-redsox-adams-variations.jpg

Since the 2010 Topps Variations are garnering so much attention, I can't believe that these haven't been selling at all.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
great catch!! do you have the "normal" version as well. since you have 6 of them i wonder how shortprinted they really are. good eye!!

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
This is getting ridiculus. How many more are there. So far there are like 40-50 different SPs/SSPs. Set collectors are going to be going nuts!!!!!!!!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
springfieldisotopes4 said:
great catch!! do you have the "normal" version as well. since you have 6 of them i wonder how shortprinted they really are. good eye!!
I bought 45 cases of Jumbos from allincards upon release and only pulled one of each variation.

That said, they were really tough pulls.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
djrulz said:
This is getting ridiculus. How many more are there. So far there are like 40-50 different SPs/SSPs. Set collectors are going to be going nuts!!!!!!!!

uh...I dont think theres any more. I am thinking these are 200lb's very own handiwork.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
GarkoCollector said:
djrulz said:

uh...I dont think theres any more. I am thinking these are 200lb's very own handiwork.

What he said. :lol:

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
moxacaine said:
GarkoCollector said:
djrulz said:

What he said. :lol:

I am so glad I have these sorted by name or I'd be really pissed right now! Good one! :lol:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
ballcardzdotcom said:
I am so glad I have these sorted by name or I'd be really pissed right now! Good one! :lol:
Considering how many cases I opened and pulled so only one of each, I wouldn't recommend wasting your time looking for them. For all I know they are the only ones in existence.