Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BeSureToDrinkYourOvaltine !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I watch it several times each year. This is the 25th anniversary of the Christmas classic!

I really wish I had the money to have won the ebay charity auction where you could spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at the original house where the movie was filmed. It was an awesome prize pack that included airfare for you and 3 guests to fly to Cleveland, spend the night in the house on Christmas Eve watching the movie, gifts on Christmas morning(including Red Ryder BB guns, a pink bunny suit, bowling ball, and can of Simonize amongst others) and many other amazing little tidbits that relate to the movie.

I may have to visit the house if I make it to the National this year.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
i've watched it twice already back-to-back and will probably watch it again tomorrow. can't ever get enough of that movie. lol

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
That's awesome! How much did that package go for?
Is the leg lamp in the window, or is it broken? That'd be a huge deal-breaker for me.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
mburgin said:
i've watched it twice already back-to-back and will probably watch it again tomorrow. can't ever get enough of that movie. lol

Yea I watch about 2-3 showings, xmas eve. Then xmas morning it is in the background during presents. I probably watch if not all, part of 8-9 of the 12 showings. Man I love this time of year!

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Kevbo said:
That's awesome! How much did that package go for?
Is the leg lamp in the window, or is it broken? That'd be a huge deal-breaker for me.

The winners would actually get a crate delivered to the house with a crowbar and a hammer provided and you get to keep the lamp INTACT! I am pretty sure the final bid was around 3500 bucks. The proceeds went to the wounded warriors foundation to help wounded veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
...my kids just love the "tounge on frozen flagpole" scene!! They alwsy ask, "does that really happen." :lol: :lol:

How did they make Flick's tongue stick to the flagpole?
They cut a small hole on the flag pole and had a vacuum hose attached that would suck in Flick (Scott Schwartz)'s tongue in. The hose trick worked so well that Scott was actually stuck to the pole until they would turn the hose off. Rumor has it that they actually played a prank on him one day on the set and left the hose on while they all went to lunch.

goep23

Aug 7, 2008
Just got finished watching "It's a Wonderful Life" for the 5,000,000th time and still love it!!

wildcat4

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Illinois
One of the most unexpected Christmas gifts I ever received was a leg lamp.
I got it two years ago. However, it is not one of those that you can buy. No, my cousin made one for me. He knew how much I liked watching this classic every year and found an old mannequin leg in the basement of his parents house (have no idea why a mannequin leg was in the basement of the house) and made the lamp for me. I was totally surprised when he gave it to me.
I'd take a gift that a family member made over one you could buy any day of the week. I plan on having that leg lamp for a whole lot of years. If only I could get the wife to let me put it in front of a window at Christmas time.

-Steve

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
wildcat4 said:
I got it two years ago. However, it is not one of those that you can buy. No, my cousin made one for me. He knew how much I liked watching this classic every year and found an old mannequin leg in the basement of his parents house (have no idea why a mannequin leg was in the basement of the house) and made the lamp for me. I was totally surprised when he gave it to me.
I'd take a gift that a family member made over one you could buy any day of the week. I plan on having that leg lamp for a whole lot of years. If only I could get the wife to let me put it in front of a window at Christmas time.

-Steve

You could show off your major award! Its comin tonight tonight tonight hot damn tonight!

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
wildcat4 said:

-Steve

You could show off your major award! Its comin tonight tonight tonight hot damn tonight!
Be careful its Fragile

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
MaineMule said:
...my kids just love the "tounge on frozen flagpole" scene!! They alwsy ask, "does that really happen." :lol: :lol:
Flick? Flick who? :D

Watching this movie at least twice on Christmas Eve has been a tradition in my house since my daughter was 8 or so. She's 16 now and loves it as much as I do. My wife and son don't nearly share our enthusiasm for it, but they put up with it for our sakes.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
MaineMule said:

They cut a small hole on the flag pole and had a vacuum hose attached that would suck in Flick (Scott Schwartz)'s tongue in. The hose trick worked so well that Scott was actually stuck to the pole until they would turn the hose off. Rumor has it that they actually played a prank on him one day on the set and left the hose on while they all went to lunch.

Flick apparently enjoyed sticking his tounge to things...as he later "appeared" in numerous adult films :lol:

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
My Brother and I started watching the Christmas Story marathon a couple years after they started running it. I still watch it, and I always will. With any luck my Daughter will too.... eventually. ;)

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
MallCopKJ said:
MaineMule said:

Flick apparently enjoyed sticking his tounge to things...as he later "appeared" in numerous adult films :lol:

He was also in the comedic gem "The Toy" with Richard Pryor and Jackie Gleason.

We had it on at midnight last night. It will be the background noise all day until the Celtics/Lakers.

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
..... I always make sure I've had plenty of Ovaltine.... ever since I shot my eye out. Eyeballs are fra-gee-lee you know.
My son is still stuck on watching Charlie Brown and the Grinch. It'll be a year or two until he's ready for A Christmas Story.

Members online

Latest posts