Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

i can't believe razor keeps turning out this garbage...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
ran across this today...

[ebay:1mahv5kj]330415812864[/ebay:1mahv5kj]

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
These were printed at the same time as their "Metal" releases and were to be included in the production problem "Distinction" product.

I'm surprised that they delayed the sales so long.

They are basically what we all know as "refractors."

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
terrible, I knew about these at the National and said if they get released there will be another backlash of hate, but this time from the Metal investors.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
beefycheddar said:
terrible, I knew about these at the National and said if they get released there will be another backlash of hate, but this time from the Metal investors.
I bought the Jordan Lyles for $30. About $10 more than I wanted to spend, but oh well...I had to have it.

And as someone who bought some Lyles Metal singles upon release, I knew these existed before...so I'm just glad I was able to land a Lyles. When the Metals were first released, I "only" bought 10 out of the 187...within 20 minutes the next 177 were gone making it the quickest sellout for the Metal releases if I'm not mistaken.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
They couldn't care less who they piss off at this point. They're out of the baseball game. Time to sell the remaining stock and make out as best as they can. Such is life.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
beefycheddar said:
I bought the Jordan Lyles for $30. About $10 more than I wanted to spend, but oh well...I had to have it.

And as someone who bought some Lyles Metal singles upon release, I knew these existed before...so I'm just glad I was able to land a Lyles. When the Metals were first released, I "only" bought 10 out of the 187...within 20 minutes the next 177 were gone making it the quickest sellout for the Metal releases if I'm not mistaken.

I got the Kelly cause I had to have it. I didn't know about them when I bought Metal. I did get the one today just because I have every Casey Kelly card other than his Exclusives /25 right now and the duals he is on, including I think most TriStar cards.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Nothing really suprises me with RAZOr anymore. Having said that, they delivered what they promised back then and I see no reason to hate on them for releasing paralells now, that were never promised in the first place. It's offers a good, relatively cheap, way to obtain a decent card for the PC. But I do understand the grief of thoes who errantly bought in to the RAZOr hype, and have to suffer blow after blow as they watch their 'investments' become even more obsolete.

Yet, I cant help but to defer to the fact that the scenerio of what RAZOr is doing, and have done, was being offered as a warning by some from the get go. However, with the constant support of FCB and a handful of members in the begining, I do not think they were being heard. Oh well, live and learn.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Razor is synonymous with the word junk.......thank god I never have and never will own even one of their cards.

THECARDFATHER

Dec 27, 2009
I don't disagree. Only buy what you like. Fortunately for all the card companies, while they all have haters they all have fans too.
I personally only do high end Bowman Baseball RC's, but understand why people buy Tristar/razor/Just/elite.
The more people buying other stuff, the less people to compete on the stuff I want. :D

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I just got this from Brian in my email..... Not looking forward to more varation of the refractors of Casey Kelly.

Razor Metal Prismatic on ebay:
To clear up confusion, Razor will ONLY be offering the #1/7 or #1/6 auto parallels on ebay. Our intention with these is to allow collectors who follow our singles a chance to snag one of these cards before released in product later this year. Only one of every players silver will be sold. We have no plans to sell additional prismatic silvers, blues or golds on ebay! We ran this initial group on ebay to create awareness that we now had technology that collectors have shown deep passion for and we do plan to integrate this into a product soon.

2010 Razor baseball:
The remaining qty of silver “prismatic” PLUS ALL BLUE AND GOLD PRISMATICS (EVEN LOWER NUMBERED) will be inserted in a 2010 RAZOR Baseball Release TBD… We expect to be releasing several items throughout the year in 2010. Production levels will be cut 70-80% from 2008 releases which should pose a nice value proposition for collectors. We strongly believe the market will be accepting of very high end and extremely limited value oriented products. As examples, we hope to release a 2010 Razor Metal Baseball, a lower priced and more limited 2010 Razor Signature series and 2010 Distinction Baseball later this year. We’re back and have learned many lessons which should make 2010 a great year (I’m sure you noticed I do not want to make letterman again).

Feel free to send us any product ideas you have or player ideas of guys with no cards yet!...

More details will follow in the coming weeks…
I am listening to you guys.
Brian

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
bballcardkid said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Well then...I'm definitely glad I picked up the Lyles.

Let the hellstorm commence.

Over/Under 15 pages?
I'd probably put my collection on the under.

Razor doesn't evoke what it did a year ago. Those that want them will buy them, those that don't won't.

We are fortunate to know the past so nothing is really "under wraps" at this point.

No matter what...I'm content that I grabbed that Lyles when I did. Not that I think I'll make anything from it...just glad to have it.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
beefycheddar said:
I just got this from Brian in my email..... Not looking forward to more varation of the refractors of Casey Kelly.

Razor Metal Prismatic on ebay:
To clear up confusion, Razor will ONLY be offering the #1/7 or #1/6 auto parallels on ebay. Our intention with these is to allow collectors who follow our singles a chance to snag one of these cards before released in product later this year. Only one of every players silver will be sold. We have no plans to sell additional prismatic silvers, blues or golds on ebay! We ran this initial group on ebay to create awareness that we now had technology that collectors have shown deep passion for and we do plan to integrate this into a product soon.

2010 Razor baseball:
The remaining qty of silver “prismatic” PLUS ALL BLUE AND GOLD PRISMATICS (EVEN LOWER NUMBERED) will be inserted in a 2010 RAZOR Baseball Release TBD… We expect to be releasing several items throughout the year in 2010. Production levels will be cut 70-80% from 2008 releases which should pose a nice value proposition for collectors. We strongly believe the market will be accepting of very high end and extremely limited value oriented products. As examples, we hope to release a 2010 Razor Metal Baseball, a lower priced and more limited 2010 Razor Signature series and 2010 Distinction Baseball later this year. We’re back and have learned many lessons which should make 2010 a great year (I’m sure you noticed I do not want to make letterman again).

Feel free to send us any product ideas you have or player ideas of guys with no cards yet!...

More details will follow in the coming weeks…
I am listening to you guys.
Brian

uh-oh, I have a feeling this one's going to get ugly in this thread (just like all the other Razor threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts