Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor Set COMPLETE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
The final card for my 1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor set, #236 Sean Casey, arrived today courtesy of a trade with Chris K (thejuniorcollector).

It's been a fun project, but I'm glad I've finally been able to put it to bed. Nevertheless, I'll probably always be on the look out for upgrades (need a bunch).

The entire set is scanned here:

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/A ... efractors/

Thanks for looking!

Brandon

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Congrats, I've never attempted a set so large and so limited. Must feel like an accomplishment of measure...what will the next addiction be?

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
thats insane!!!!!!!!! congrats on finishing that set!! have an extra carl crawford for trade??

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
trevordchi said:
What good rookies are in there?

Here are most of the better ones:

u350.jpg
u369.jpg
u323.jpg

u344.jpg
u321.jpg
u431.jpg

u175.jpg
u421.jpg
u375.jpg

u400psa.jpg
u440.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Congrats on the big accomplishment! There alot of "rebound year" guys in that set, so it's gotta be nice to be finished...

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
Years ago, I tried doing the 1999 Chrome Gold Refractor set and it was beyond difficult.

I got to around 72% complete and then gave up.

It was impossible for me to land the Soriano. Everyone wanted $1,000-1,500 and I remember making many offers in the $800-1000 range and got denied every time. I'm really glad I didn't win one because the last one sold for around $100-150.

Griffey was another one that was impossible to find. I think one came up for sale in the 6-7 years that I collected the set and the guy wanted $600, which back then was unheard of for a non-rookie.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
congrats on the completion....I know you have been tested sometimes with seeing what some of the bigger ones are selling for ....

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
bozemanbreaker said:
I wouldn't have the patience or $$$ for that. Nice!

So what are you going to tackle next?

I could have finished it sooner if I weren't so picky about how much I paid for individual cards, but I have always been of the opinion that if you are patient, you will be able to pick up just about anything you need for the right price. You don't have to be the first to pick up a card you need. Let people outbid each other for those first three or four and pick up the card you want for the price you think is right.

Members online