Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card Show Steal Stanton Style!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale_chromie

Dec 26, 2008
I just got back from The Toronto Cardshow and I must say I did quite well. As with all Toronto shows, it was dominated by hockey but if you looked close enough you could find some baseball hiding in some display cases. I only picked up 3 cards but they were all great purchases. The 3 card haul included:

Mike Stanton 2008 Rookie Contenders Auto/ 149 for............ $40.00 :eek:

Jared Mitchell 2009 Bowman Chrome Blue Ref. Auto 053/150 for $25.00

Tyler Maztek 2009 Bowman Chrome Xfractor Auto 199/225 for $15.00

I'm quite happy with the purchase. I did talk the seller down on the Mike Stanton auto but I shouldn't feel guilty about it as he was happy about the transaction. That is about the only good thing about attending a hockey card show; you know there is some baseball steals waiting to be found! Thanks,

Dale

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Oh those silly Canuck's that collect hockey almost exclusively :p

Those are some stout deals. Congrats :p

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Dale,

WoooooW those are some great deals, where is that show located and how often does it take place.... I am from Sarnia, Ontario 2.5 hrs from T.O.

Thanks.

Shep :ugeek:

dale_chromie

Dec 26, 2008
The Toronto Card Show happens once a month. You can find all of the information here : http://www.torontocardshow.com/ The show is mostly hockey but you can find some great deals if you look around. Last year I picked up a Tommy Hanson 2007 Bowman Chrome Blue Ref. for $5.00 and a Carlos Santana 2008 Bowman Chrome Blue Ref. for $3.00. Some great deals to be had!

Dale

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
dale_chromie said:
The Toronto Card Show happens once a month. You can find all of the information here : http://www.torontocardshow.com/ The show is mostly hockey but you can find some great deals if you look around. Last year I picked up a Tommy Hanson 2007 Bowman Chrome Blue Ref. for $5.00 and a Carlos Santana 2008 Bowman Chrome Blue Ref. for $3.00. Some great deals to be had!

Dale

Dale,

very cool... Thanks for the info, will have to check it out sometime.

You trade any? are you from Toronto?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Nice buys.

Dumb question [but hey cut me some slack, I'm a vintage guy.... ;) ].....How much do those cards sell for on ebay?

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
scotty21690 said:
Nice buys.

Dumb question [but hey cut me some slack, I'm a vintage guy.... ;) ].....How much do those cards sell for on ebay?

Scotty,

Nice to see you around :) I actually own 2 of these cards right now... the Stanton 120-140 I would say is fair, Mitchell 60+ and Matzek 40... He did real good.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
shephech said:
scotty21690 said:
Nice buys.

Scotty,

Nice to see you around :) I actually own 2 of these cards right now... the Stanton 120-140 I would say is fair, Mitchell 60+ and Matzek 40... He did real good.

Thanks Shep, and I have been busy lately but now will the baseball season starting up again I will be on a bit more. You excitied to see what Porcello can do this season?

And looks like the OP got some huge steals on those 3!!! :eek: Very nicely done :cool:

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
scotty21690 said:
shephech said:
scotty21690 said:
Nice buys.

Scotty,

Thanks Shep, and I have been busy lately but now will the baseball season starting up again I will be on a bit more. You excitied to see what Porcello can do this season?

And looks like the OP got some huge steals on those 3!!! :eek: Very nicely done :cool:

Nice! Yeah I am looking for a big year outta him... I know you can't take it for much BUT he has been great in spring training so far.

Members online

Latest posts