Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally updated my site! (Domain Question Added)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
It's been exactly a year since I last updated my Zambrano website. Last year right after I finished completely redoing my website, my computer crashed, and it has taken me a while to get everything reloaded and organized. There a few changes; the biggest being titles added to each and every item. I also redid the home page and focused on making the site simpler so that it is easier to use. If you get a chance, I would appreciate if you would check it out, and let me know what you think. I am sure there are some things I still need to fix, so let me know if you think anything needs improving. Over the last year, there have been few new autos and game used to pick up so it has allowed me to really improve my memorabilia collection, and I have a couple more items incoming. I am thinking about adding a search to the site, but I not sure yet if it would even work :lol: Overall, I am very relieved that I am finally caught up with scanning and everything else.
(There are no ads on my site; check it out if you get a chance. Thanks!)
http://zambrano38.com

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Re: After a year, I finally got around to updating my site!

That site is easy to navigate and is full of :shock:

Good stuff man! Great player collection!!!

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008

AndruwHRJones said:
Wow, awesome site and great collection.

Have you thought about doing a site for your Jones collection?

Thanks for the comments!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008

Wow! What a great looking site! You can tell that you have put a lot of time and effort in it! I love the way the site is set up and organized. Great job!

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

Amazing site: I liked it very much before the update and now is even better. I might sound a little bit stalker but I have bookmarked :D
I counted 64 rookie autos, am I right? Do you know the print run?

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008

Nice job! Appealing layout. Easy to navigate. Oh yeah...awesome cards!

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008

r2d2 said:
Amazing site: I liked it very much before the update and now is even better. I might sound a little bit stalker but I have bookmarked :D
I counted 64 rookie autos, am I right? Do you know the print run?

Yep 64 is right! I havn't picked up too many lately as there have been very few on ebay. Based on my estimates, the print run is 1000-1100, but it was never announced by Topps.

uniquebaseballcards said:
Sweet site! I use JAlbum and Chameleon as well.

Glad to see other people using Jalbum. I tried other styles, but in my opinion Chameleon works the best. Do you have a link to your site? I'd love to see it.

If anyone wants to build a similar site; you can go to Jalbum.net! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for all the comments!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209

I really should break down and learn how to use JAlbum for my Butler collection - your site looks great using it, and so does Drews' Will Clark collection.

A quick question - is it just me, or do all of your images look really washed out? They're not showing up clearly for me at all, and I've checked three of your six pages.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008

TNP777 said:
I really should break down and learn how to use JAlbum for my Butler collection - your site looks great using it, and so does Drews' Will Clark collection.

A quick question - is it just me, or do all of your images look really washed out? They're not showing up clearly for me at all, and I've checked three of your six pages.

Jalbum works great and there are tons of skins to choose from.

I think you may be right. I think that the site is shrinking each image down which then causes the images to look washed out. I'm going to try to fix it in a minute. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Two big memorabilia pickups coming at the end of the week!

Thanks

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008

Zambrano38 said:
TNP777 said:

Jalbum works great and there are tons of skins to choose from.

I think you may be right. I think that the site is shrinking each image down which then causes the images to look washed out. I'm going to try to fix it in a minute. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Two big memorabilia pickups coming at the end of the week!

Thanks

I think I pretty much fixed the problem.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I was wondering if I could get some opinions. Do you think that it is worth getting a new domain such as carloszambrano.info or carloszambranocollector.com so that it has a better chance at coming up on Google? I know a site map can help, but it seems that if the url doesn't have carlos zambrano in it, then it doesn't show up for the 20th page or later on Google. Any thoughts and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Zambrano38 said:
I was wondering if I could get some opinions. Do you think that it is worth getting a new domain such as carloszambrano.info or carloszambranocollector.com so that it has a better chance at coming up on Google? I know a site map can help, but it seems that if the url doesn't have carlos zambrano in it, then it doesn't show up for the 20th page or later on Google. Any thoughts and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Your URL isn't meaningless to SEO (search engine optimization), but pretty close. All google cares about is valuable textual based content...of which you have none.

If I would you, add a few more pages just with content about Carlos Zambrano and scatter them throughout.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Zambrano38 said:
Your URL isn't meaningless to SEO (search engine optimization), but pretty close. All google cares about is valuable textual based content...of which you have none.

If I would you, add a few more pages just with content about Carlos Zambrano and scatter them throughout.

Alright sounds good. I think I will try to add stuff like a biography, stats, and maybe a couple other things. I will see how it works out. Thanks for the help!

Members online