Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Madison Bumgarner optioned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Even though it isn't a sexy 5th starter, it'll be Wellemeyer. You still have to figure both Pucetas and Bumgarner will pitch for the Giants at some point in 2010.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
lisu said:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extrabaggs/2010/03/23/giants-option-madison-bumgarner/

Looks like 5th starter is likely to be Wellemeyer - but I'm still hoping for Pucetas.

No surprise, I heard and read that his velocity is down and they have not figured out why. He's still young. Best to work on his mechanics and let him figure it out in the minors. We've all seen what happens when you rush some of these kids and they don't know how to deal with failure yet. I'm not a fan of the G-Men but they made the right call IMO.

Tom

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
As young as he is time in AAA will do Bumgarner good. He'll be back soon anyway. He sure did have a rough Spring. The death of his sister and all the pressure on him to make the team as the 5th starter.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
johnny rook said:
As young as he is time in AAA will do Bumgarner good. He'll be back soon anyway. He sure did have a rough Spring. The death of his sister and all the pressure on him to make the team as the 5th starter.

Bumgarner's issue isn't learning how to pitch, it's getting his stuff back. There's nothing to suggest that spending time in AAA will do that. I think he'll go down and either end up on the DL or get hit significantly harder than he has in the past. He is fundamentally a different pitcher since he was dominant over the past two years.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Codasco07 said:
Bumgarner's issue isn't learning how to pitch, it's getting his stuff back. There's nothing to suggest that spending time in AAA will do that. I think he'll go down and either end up on the DL or get hit significantly harder than he has in the past. He is fundamentally a different pitcher since he was dominant over the past two years.

You are wrong. All 20 year old pitchers still need to learn how to pitch. Bumgarner spending time in AAA is good for both him and the organization.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
johnny rook said:
Codasco07 said:

You are wrong. All 20 year old pitchers still need to learn how to pitch. Bumgarner spending time in AAA is good for both him and the organization.

I guess it's better to get hit around at AAA than MLB for the organization, but the best option for Bumgarner is to get his arm checked out.

Members online

Latest posts