Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lets play Trimmed or Not Trimmed.....You be the Judge

Trimmed or Not Trimmed

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I don't think it's trimmed, but I can't answer the "Why hasn't this been graded?" question.

If it's a reprint, it's amazing...therefore I can't fathom it being a reprint.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Who is selling it? If it's Mike Wheat, it's probably fine (although probably overgraded).

If not, trimmed. That looks like a vintage dealer's scan - white contrast on the scanner cranked up, black background to show corners

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
trimmed.

I started with a graded one and got pixel measurements of 307Wx466H

then when i resized this one with W=307, the the H=462, so something seems a little off.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
trimmed.

then when i resized this one with W=307, the the H=462, so something seems a little off.

Bingo. I would have done this if I wasn't on my phone. Good call

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
hofautos said:
trimmed.

The problem with that is that a difference of only 4 pixels in height is that it is negligable. Scanning a graded card and comparing it to a non-graded can create slight differences in the appearance of size. Then again, a difference in 4 pixels would definitely fall within an acceptable size range for vintage.

It could easily be a sheet cut card, therefore the edges are the giveaway, but I still don't think the size is the problem.

Really, without looking at it in person, it's impossible.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
ABSOLUTELY TRIMMED...

I personally won't buy an ungraded vintage (burned on a cobb early in my collecting experiences), but just for fun I contacted seller:

if i ship to psa, and it comes back altered, will you refund my purchase plus the grading fees and shipping?

His Answer:
If it comes back a PSA 9 will you send me additional money for it?
-----------

He knows its worth a small fortune if its a 9, yet he won't spend $30 to grade it??

Members online

Latest posts