Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone here collect base & inserts of current releases?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
Just wondering if any of you guys collect base, parallels & inserts(non GU & non Auto'd) of current releases. I dont mean setbuilders, obviously you guys do collect that stuff.

I just went through all my previously unsorted "junk base" stuff & filled a good portion of a huge 3 ring binder with stars, RC's, Refractors, Base, Parallels, Inserts & just some common cards i liked. i only put in cards that i like. it helped the hobby suck a little less IMO. for example, i found 47 Jeters, 29 Griffey JR's, 14 Beckhams(most were rookies), 30 Mantles, 29 Pujols, 17 Ruth's etc...

It was fun to do & definitely made me feel less disgusted with the hobby. I found some nice cards & while this wasnt the reason at all i decided to do this: i added a lot of value to my collection! It kind of brought me back to the middle school lunch room days of "ill give you these two bagwells for that thomas" and opening a pack of cards & being excited you pulled the card you were looking for, or even better the card your friend was looking for :twisted: :twisted: .

thanks for the read guys!
Michael

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
what years of stuff are you talking about? if you found any Canseco I need I would gladly add value to your collection by subtracting them from it..

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
1st4040 said:
what years of stuff are you talking about? if you found any Canseco I need I would gladly add value to your collection by subtracting them from it..

no canseco. I was talking more in terms of the average collector, not set builders or player collectors. if i do find any cansecos ill let you know.

Members online

Latest posts