Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you think Omar Minya is biased towards Latin players?

Do you think Omar Minya is biased towards Latin players?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Unquestionably. However, when a white person does the same thing it's called racism. When a minority does it, it's called progress. And I will bet money that white man's guilt will deem it necessary for somebody to tell me that i'm the racist and that statement is totally false. Personally, I couldn't care less because I wasn't in the running for the job anyway but an observation that's valid is an observation that's valid.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Those damn Canadian hispanics and their baseball shennanigans.

bay_jason_big_381.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I think the fact that Arte Moreno is Mexican had a lot to do with Vlad Guerrero and Kendry Morales signing with the Angels...and the fact that his wallet is larger than a billboard.

I think Minaya is biased towards losing.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Minya isn't really making the decisions with the Mets, the Wilpons are running it with him as their public face.

The only thing the Mets are biased towards are overrated injury prone players, many of whom are past their prime.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Minaya has been known to have said in the past that he wants the Mets to be a 100% Latin team. I don't care how many guys of whatever nationality you have on a team, but to come right out and let it be known that you want a segragated team all of one nationality is just assinine. It's makes him appear to be a biggot.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
chashawk said:
jbone17 said:
White guys on the Mets:

Jason Bay
David Wright
John Maine
Daniel Murphy
Active Roster

Pat Misch
Jon Niese
Bobby Parnell
Mike Pelfry
Chris Coste
Chris Carter
Jeff Francouer

So 11 out of???
31 - So....33%

Looks about right to me.

I think that's quite low actually.

For example, the Cardinals are 23/30 white. Or 22/30 if you count Lohse as being American Indian and not a "white guy."

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I think most of the high profile impact players he signed or perhaps traded for were Latino but I don't think he has systematically gone out and acquired only Latin players.

At the time they were acquired I don't think anyone would have problems having a Carlos Beltran, Pedro Martinez, Johan Santana or Carlos Delgado on their team.

Re-signing Oliver Perez wasn't very good, but he had an electric arm and was relatively young. He may just have a 10-cent head.

Of course, as noted, the Mets signed another big name Latino guy this past off-season, named Jason Bay. Perhaps by no accident, the Mets' franchise guy is David Wright, so the organization isn't just about Latino collection of guys who fly back to their countries after their seasons are over.

When a team goes through an abortion of a season like the Mets did in 2010, the diversity is used as a scapegoat, as if a team of Ryan Churches would make the Mets more gritty and potential pennant contenders.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Skorris CCBC said:
chashawk said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
chashawk said:
jbone17 said:
White guys on the Mets:

Jason Bay
David Wright
John Maine
Daniel Murphy
Active Roster

Pat Misch
Jon Niese
Bobby Parnell
Mike Pelfry
Chris Coste
Chris Carter
Jeff Francouer

So 11 out of???
31 - So....33%

Looks about right to me.
I think that's quite low actually.

For example, the Cardinals are 23/30 white. Or 22/30 if you count Lohse as being American Indian and not a "white guy."
Some would say that's too far in the other direction.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
darocker80 said:
elmalo said:
An all latino team would be sweet!!!
or all japanese, since they won every single WBC

Yeah but if the Dominican team had all of their best players on it the Japanese couldnt touch them.
By the way, does anyone know if Colombia is going to have a team in the next WBC?

Members online