Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

YANKS BLANKED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Bergesen, Jones carry Orioles over Yankees 8-0

Bergesen took a shutout into the sixth inning, and the Baltimore Orioles got a home run from Adam Jones(notes) in an 8-0 victory Thursday.

Bergesen allowed three hits, walked two and struck out two in 5 2-3 innings. Both his strikeouts came against Alex Rodriguez(notes), who went 0 for 2 with a walk before leaving for a pinch runner in the sixth.

:D :D :D
Get 'em Kid!!

Bergesen2004BowmanChromeGoldRefract.jpg

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Pine Tar said:
So was this a B game today?

Jeter
Tex
Arod
Cano
Swisher
N Johnson

doesn't look like the B squad to me :lol:

Not a whole lot of pinch hitting either....not one at bat then Jeter was pulled:

those 6 combined to go 1 for 17 :D

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Pine Tar said:
EricInCT said:
[quote="Pine Tar":2hm0zj3r]So was this a B game today?

Jeter
Arod
Cano
Swisher
N Johnson

doesn't look like the B squad to me :lol:
That's your opinion :D[/quote:2hm0zj3r]

As a Red Sox fan I didn't want to stir the pot :oops:

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
011873 said:
The Rock says:
IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT THE SCORE WAS, ITS SPRING TRAINING talk.jpg

laughed.

But you're wrong. 1/17 against those hitters is impressive.

Its not like they didnt' try to get hits because it didn't count.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I honestly see the O's finishing 3rd this year. I'm just hoping it is at least enough of an improvement to give Trembley the ball in 2011. He's a great player coach.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
markakis8 said:
I honestly see the O's finishing 3rd this year. I'm just hoping it is at least enough of an improvement to give Trembley the ball in 2011. He's a great player coach.

The 3 guys in your sig have to stay very healthy for 162 games for that to happen.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm a realist. I know what it's going to take and it's going to take more than what you state. I think Wieters needs to break out and 2 of these 3 need to have good seasons on the mound: Bergensen, Matusz, Tillman.

And believe it or not we need tons of RBI's from Tejada and Scott.

Yet it's all certainly possible.

EricInCT said:
markakis8 said:

The 3 guys in your sig have to stay very healthy for 162 games for that to happen.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
wow they won a game get that parade lined up!

I love how this topic goes ignored for the most part, I dare a yankee fan to make a topic like this after a ST win and watch the trolls come out in full whiny force.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Look at all these Spankees fans with their haterade!!
You Sallies sure are defensive.
ST or not, You guys got schooled.

Now if Montero went 4-4 against Lee or Hernandez, or any other CY pitcher, he'd be the next coming of Buddha.
Get real.
Yeah it's ST, and the season starts in what a week, week and a half?? If you chumps aren't WANTING to smash balls, and WANTING to beat those "don't have a chance" O's now, what makes you think they will have the drive anytime soon?

Good Grief, lets get it on.

Go O's.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
^Are you serious? Its spring training. The O's could sweep the Yanks during the regular season and it wouldn't matter. The O's will still be in the AL East basement. As an O's fan, you should be happy that they have a promising young team. You should be bitching about how your ownership is going to be letting them go in a few years because they are too cheap to pay them.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
henderson939 said:
^Are you serious? Its spring training. The O's could sweep the Yanks during the regular season and it wouldn't matter. The O's will still be in the AL East basement. As an O's fan, you should be happy that they have a promising young team. You should be bitching about how your ownership is going to be letting them go in a few years because they are too cheap to pay them.
I'm dead serious. I don't bull sh.it when it comes to my O's and the fierce dislove of the Yankees.
Regardless if it's exhibition, ST, reg. season, post season anytime my O's top the Yanks, I'm grinning like a like a big 'Mo in a jelly roll store.
Being an O's fan for 25+ years, I don't bitch anymore.
And I'm thrilled with the young studs getting ready to take this team to the top again in 2-3 years.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Russ S. said:
henderson939 said:
I'm dead serious. I don't bull sh.it when it comes to my O's and the fierce dislove of the Yankees.
Regardless if it's exhibition, ST, reg. season, post season anytime my O's top the Yanks, I'm grinning like a like a big 'Mo in a jelly roll store.
And I'm thrilled with the young studs getting ready to take this team to the top again in 2-3 years.

No doubt the O's play well against the Yanks during regular season.....especially Markakis at Yankees Stadium. I guess if it makes you feel good to beat them, then that's ok. But, the reality is that this is Spring Training and it REALLY doesn't mean much except for ones pride.

Let's revisit this thread in September and see what's what.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
Russ S. said:
henderson939 said:

despite having wieters,roberts,jones and markakis they are still going to come in 4th the Yankees, redsox,rays and even the jays(who look to have a prominsing young team) are still in their division so i guess for you its nice to wish that but lets get serious

Latest posts