Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prismatic Mailday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
51255acb.jpg

They definitely are in rough shape, even for Razor Metal cards. The Kelly looks like someone pressed really hard against it with their thumb nail.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
HPC said:
beefycheddar said:
HPC said:
Are they supposed to be that way?

They put in the descriptions that they could be in rough shape since they were a test run.

Okay

I thought I read that they were going to be rough, but wasnt sure

The one I wanted the most was the roughest. But knowing they were going to be rough, I can deal. If I pulled this from a pack, like the other 6 will be, then that would anger me.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
lyles-razor-prismatic.jpg

The autograph is the main flaw on mine...but that can happen with anything. That said...it's easily my favorite Lyles card.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Wish I could have gotten the Weeks before it was pulled. Has it been confirmed that these will be inserted in their 2010 product?
Never is ever "confirmed" until the product is live.

It is anticipated that the remaining "Prismatic" singles will be inserted into a 2010 Razor product, but who knows. I may be mistaken, but these were going to be in the "M" release that didn't come out due to production issues.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
200lbhockeyplayer said:
mredsox89 said:
Wish I could have gotten the Weeks before it was pulled. Has it been confirmed that these will be inserted in their 2010 product?

It is anticipated that the remaining "Prismatic" singles will be inserted into a 2010 Razor product, but who knows. I may be mistaken, but these were going to be in the "M" release that didn't come out due to production issues.

There is a Razor 2010 product on eBay right now. $250 for a PSA 7 or better pre 1970 card, or PSA/DNA card.

Sounds like a ... deal.

:shock:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Jeff N. said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
mredsox89 said:

There is a Razor 2010 product on eBay right now. $250 for a PSA 7 or better pre 1970 card, or PSA/DNA card.

Sounds like a ... deal.

Laugh all you want, I just saw a guy hit a Koufax psa/dna rookie auto

In short runs, you would lose your ass on this product. Bust a good bit, and you should do well. All the value is in the monster hits.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
lyles-razor-prismatic.jpg

The autograph is the main flaw on mine...but that can happen with anything. That said...it's easily my favorite Lyles card.

I'll say they look nice, I'd still take the Black and Silver over these. But I love those cards. I'll put scans up tonight.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
cgilmo said:
Jeff N. said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
mredsox89 said:

Sounds like a ... deal.

Laugh all you want, I just saw a guy hit a Koufax psa/dna rookie auto

In short runs, you would lose your ass on this product. Bust a good bit, and you should do well. All the value is in the monster hits.

Not laughing at all. It's really poor packaging and salesmanship. I hate to get on Razor's case, again (no really, I do), but I'm looking at the pictures of the box on eBay and it says what I said above - Psa 7+ 1970 or older card, or a PSA/DNA card. Maybe the back of the box has a checklist on it, but I'm thinking that this has Tristar written all over it and for $250, I'm going to pull out a PSA 7 1969 Steve Carlton card or a PSA/DNA Keith Hernandez 1985 Topps card.

Even the one auction that has a description:

Configuration: 1 pack per box. 1 card per pack.

Razor is excited to present this very unique vintage trading card release. Razor has searched worldwide for an amazing selection of PRE-1970 Vintage graded cards and PRE-1970 Vintage signed cards. This release is 95% composed of Hall of Famers with the remainder of the set being legends that should be in the Hall, like Pete Rose and Roger Maris.

Each and every card included in this product is slabbed by PSA or PSA/DNA (two of the markets most respected authenticators). To ensure the highest quality, all unsigned PSA graded cards are PSA graded 7 or higher (no qualifiers!). On the autograph side, every card is slabbed authentic by PSA/DNA.

Razor is most excited to present to the market what we believe is the ultimate chase: 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle SIGNED in vintage ballpoint. PSA/DNA has graded the signature a 10, making this the single finest signature EVER authenticated by PSA/DNA on a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle. Like the rest of the cards in this product, we spent over one year searching the market for gems such as this to assure collectors everywhere a memorable pack opening experience.

- 1 Graded PSA 7 or higher Pre-1970 or Slabbed Authentic Pre-1970 autographed card per pack
- Production Limited
- Look For 1952 Mickey Mantle Autograph Card - PSA 10 Autograph

Okay, sub out Keith Hernandez and add in Robin Yount. I assume that "Hall of Fame" is trademarked so that couldn't be used on the product box, but something to let us know other than "legends of the baseball diamond"... How about "only "the finest players ever", "the best of all time", or some other puffery? Reading "pre 1970 CARD" leaves something to be deisred.... "pre 1970 star/superstar/prismatic star" may be better...

5979_3.jpg

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
11e69f06.jpg

Here is a pic we took at National of Brian and the Mantle. But good job Jeff taking a Razor thread and turning it a completely different direction than the purpose of the original post.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Pre-70 is pre-1970...therefore Robin Yount wouldn't qualify.

I'd hate to nitpick (no really, I do), but since you are so will I.

Clearly the product isn't for everybody. No products are. Am I willing spring $240 for this product? Nope, but people will and that is why it is out there. I actually really like the idea, just not the price point...it's not for me.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Clearly the product isn't for everybody. No products are. Am I willing spring $240 for this product? Nope, but people will and that is why it is out there. I actually really like the idea, just not the price point...it's not for me.

You're right; I was wrong. I missed that the PSA/DNA card was also pre 70.

It's not a horrible idea, I agree; just not at $250. $100, maybe.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jeff N. said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

You're right; I was wrong. I missed that the PSA/DNA card was also pre 70.

It's not a horrible idea, I agree; just not at $250. $100, maybe.
$100 would be my kind of price as well.

Members online

Latest posts