Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carwin isn't as tall at Mir in shoes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
UFC hypes him as this huge 6'5 monster who is physically imposing and wears bigger gloves than Brock Lesnar.

****, Brock nearly dwarfs Mir, he WOULD dwarf Carwin.

I say Mir's around 1 1/2 inches taller than Carwin, and Lesnar's about the same amount taller than Mir minus the Jew fro.

w847kn.jpg

lesnar-vs-mir-ufc-81.jpg

I just don't buy the Carwin hype train the UFC's trying to promote. I wouldn't be surprised if Mir owns him tomorrow night.

The UFC says he is 11-0 with ELEVEN KNOCK OUTS in the first round. That's not true at all.

Carwin can prove me wrong tomorrow night, but I just don't buy him at all as being a top level heavyweight in the world.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Russ S. said:
[quote="Sam Banks":2psigns4]

I say Mir's around 1 1/2 inches taller than Carwin, and Lesnar's about the same amount taller than Mir minus the Jew fro.
And minus the well rounded game that Mir possesses.[/quote:2psigns4]

And apparently someone missed their first two fights where Mir had a total of about 10 seconds of offense and a horse shoe up his ****** that has since been removed by force.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Sam Banks said:
[quote="Russ S.":3guwknuf][quote="Sam Banks":3guwknuf]

And minus the well rounded game that Mir possesses.[/quote:3guwknuf]

And apparently someone missed their first two fights where Mir had a total of about 10 seconds of offense and a horse shoe up his ****** that has since been removed by force.[/quote:3guwknuf]
Size and power doesn't equal an all around great game. That is all Brock has.
Until he learns the ground game, subs, a real mixed martial arts discipline, he'll just be a bully in many eyes.
Take it for what it's worth. It's the damn truth Sammy.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
In my opinion, Shane Carwin is just Brock Lesnar Lite. He's just a poor mans version of Lesnar. And I say that in all seriousness. There isn't one part of Carwin's game that is more impressive than Lesnar. He isn't bigger than him, he isn't stronger, he isn't more powerful, he isn't a better wrestler, he doesn't punch harder (and who is anyone to say he is at this point, he has pretty much fought a bunch of cans so far, Mir will be the real test), he isn't better than Lesnar in any aspect.

Let's see what Carwin does against Mir.

I'm not saying Carwin sucks, I'm just saying he isn't as good as Lesnar.

Royce Gracie was a one trick pony, which is pretty much what you are saying Lesnar is, and he is considered one of the greatest of all times. And Carwin's pretty much the exact same fighter Lesnar is, just not as big, so what does that make Carwin?

I am more interested in seeing how Mir vs Carwin goes than I am the main event.

Mir said Carwin is a better version of Brock Lesnar. And Lesnar said that if that's the case the fight will be over within the first 30 seconds.

And if you're right about Carwin Russ, it will be.

I just don't see that being the case at all.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Sam Banks said:
Royce Gracie was a one trick pony, which is pretty much what you are saying Lesnar is, and he is considered one of the greatest of all times. And Carwin's pretty much the exact same fighter Lesnar is, just not as big, so what does that make Carwin?

The UFC of 1993 is far different to the UFC today.
The game has evolved Sammy. And look what happened when he faced Hughes.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I'm either failing to understand what you are trying to get across to me, or you're just not comprehending what I am saying.

What's your point, and why is it relevant here?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Sam Banks said:
I'm either failing to understand what you are trying to get across to me, or you're just not comprehending what I am saying.

What's your point, and why is it relevant here?

::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

I don't even know why I bother.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Russ S. said:
[quote="Sam Banks":2redxvjy][quote="Russ S.":2redxvjy][quote="Sam Banks":2redxvjy]

And minus the well rounded game that Mir possesses.[/quote:2redxvjy]

And apparently someone missed their first two fights where Mir had a total of about 10 seconds of offense and a horse shoe up his ****** that has since been removed by force.[/quote:2redxvjy]
Until he learns the ground game, subs, a real mixed martial arts discipline, he'll just be a bully in many eyes.
Take it for what it's worth. It's the damn truth Sammy.[/quote:2redxvjy]

Sorry you're wrong there. You can add speed. He's probably the quickest HW besides Dos Santos. He's also the best wrestler in the HW division. Just because you're big and powerful doesn't mean you can wrestle. Look at Kongo. I'm sure you just don't like Brock but you can't honestly say all he is is size and power. That's either uninformed or ignorant.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
kdailey4315 said:
Sam Banks said:
The UFC says he is 11-0 with ELEVEN KNOCK OUTS in the first round. That's not true at all.

In the UFC he is 11-0 with 11 first round KO's.

But in the real world he's:

11 Wins
6 by knockout
5 by submission

Win 11–0 Gabriel Gonzaga KO (Punch)
Win 10–0 Neil Wain TKO (Punches)
Win 9–0 Christian Wellisch KO (Punch)
Win 8–0 Sherman Pendergarst TKO (Punch)
Win 7–0 Rex Richards Submission (Guillotine Choke)
Win 6–0 Rick Slaton TKO (Punch)
Win 5–0 Chris Guillen Submission (Armbar)
Win 4–0 Justice Smith TKO (Punches)
Win 3–0 Jay McCown Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
Win 2–0 Casey Jackson Submission (Guillotine Choke)
Win 1–0 Carlton Jones Submission (Punches)

Imagine how impressive Brock Lesnar's record would be if he fought a bunch of cans the likes of Min Soo Kim in his first fight? But he didn't want to do that. He didn't want cans. He wanted to fight the best in the world, because in his mind, he could either do it, or he couldn't, and there was no use in wasting time fighting a bunch of jabroni's, so he wanted the Frank Mir's, Heath Herrings and Randy Couture's of the world.

Carwin's record is about as padded as any record I have ever seen.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
kdailey4315 said:
Russ S. said:
[quote="Sam Banks":1hlf1u79][quote="Russ S.":1hlf1u79][quote="Sam Banks":1hlf1u79]

And minus the well rounded game that Mir possesses.

And apparently someone missed their first two fights where Mir had a total of about 10 seconds of offense and a horse shoe up his ****** that has since been removed by force.[/quote:1hlf1u79]
Take it for what it's worth. It's the damn truth Sammy.[/quote:1hlf1u79]

Sorry you're wrong there. You can add speed. He's probably the quickest HW besides Dos Santos. He's also the best wrestler in the HW division. Just because you're big and powerful doesn't mean you can wrestle. Look at Kongo. I'm sure you just don't like Brock but you can't honestly say all he is is size and power. That's either uninformed or ignorant.[/quote:1hlf1u79]

Does he have ANY MMA discipline at all?? MIXED martial arts. NO he's very one dimensional at this point.
Neither uninformed or ignorant. That's just plain facts.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Russ S. said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="Russ S.":3498173i][quote="Sam Banks":3498173i][quote="Russ S.":3498173i][quote="Sam Banks":3498173i]

And apparently someone missed their first two fights where Mir had a total of about 10 seconds of offense and a horse shoe up his ****** that has since been removed by force.[/quote:3498173i]
Take it for what it's worth. It's the damn truth Sammy.[/quote:3498173i]

Sorry you're wrong there. You can add speed. He's probably the quickest HW besides Dos Santos. He's also the best wrestler in the HW division. Just because you're big and powerful doesn't mean you can wrestle. Look at Kongo. I'm sure you just don't like Brock but you can't honestly say all he is is size and power. That's either uninformed or ignorant.[/quote:3498173i]

Does he have ANY MMA discipline at all?? MIXED martial arts. NO he's very one dimensional at this point.
Neither uninformed or ignorant. That's just plain facts.[/quote:3498173i]

I'm going to have to vote completely ignorant.

Have you not watched his maturity since the first Mir fight?

He's getting much better at everything.

And lord help the rest of the heavyweight division if he does add some awesome BJJ to his arsenal. He'll be unstoppable.

He showed a TON of discipline in the second Mir fight. Instead of just going in there all guns a blazin, he was mythodical, and had a game plan, and he stuck to it. He kept head to chest when he had to, to prevent Mir from getting any submissions, and when he had him in the neck crank in the center of the octagon he didn't blow his *** by trying to bash him in quickly. He kept wrist control as much as possible and took his hard shots to the body and face when the opportunity presented itself. It wasn't until he smelled blood toward the end the he let it all come out and started reigning down quick blows when Mir's head was bouncing off the cage.

You say he's one dimensional, but in just about every one of his fights he's opened with a leg kick seemingly. He threw a **** ton of knees against Couture and Herring.

Yep, Brock's completely one dimensional.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Russ S. said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="Russ S.":31y1lhaa][quote="Sam Banks":31y1lhaa][quote="Russ S.":31y1lhaa][quote="Sam Banks":31y1lhaa]

And apparently someone missed their first two fights where Mir had a total of about 10 seconds of offense and a horse shoe up his ****** that has since been removed by force.[/quote:31y1lhaa]
Take it for what it's worth. It's the damn truth Sammy.[/quote:31y1lhaa]

Sorry you're wrong there. You can add speed. He's probably the quickest HW besides Dos Santos. He's also the best wrestler in the HW division. Just because you're big and powerful doesn't mean you can wrestle. Look at Kongo. I'm sure you just don't like Brock but you can't honestly say all he is is size and power. That's either uninformed or ignorant.[/quote:31y1lhaa]

Neither uninformed or ignorant. That's just plain facts.[/quote:31y1lhaa]

I just don't see how you think he's one dimensional. What exactly are you considering MMA discipline? MMA is a mixture of several disciplines. Wrestling? Check. Striking? Well he's not a black belt in any "striking disciplines" but ask Heath Herring and Mir about his striking. BJJ? No. He doesn't have any BJJ yet.
If you think that Brock is one dimensional then you obviously think that Carwin, Velasquez, Kongo, are all one dimensional. Is it that you think anyone who isn't versed in BJJ is one dimensional?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Sam Banks said:
Win 11–0 Gabriel Gonzaga KO (Punch)
Win 10–0 Neil Wain TKO (Punches)
Win 9–0 Christian Wellisch KO (Punch)
Win 8–0 Sherman Pendergarst TKO (Punch)
Win 7–0 Rex Richards Submission (Guillotine Choke)
Win 6–0 Rick Slaton TKO (Punch)
Win 5–0 Chris Guillen Submission (Armbar)
Win 4–0 Justice Smith TKO (Punches)
Win 3–0 Jay McCown Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
Win 2–0 Casey Jackson Submission (Guillotine Choke)
Win 1–0 Carlton Jones Submission (Punches)

You're right. I skinned over that on wikipedia and saw all the Round 1 stoppages and assume they were KO's.

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009
HPC said:
I have to say it was easily worth the $60 to watch Frank Mir get fracked up!

:D

It was worth my $44.95. Not that I dont like Mir. I just want to see Lesnar X Carwin for the belt. Should be a good fight if Brock comes back healthy. I have my doubts that he will be as explosive pre health problems.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I really think Brock will be just fine.

I see both guys feeling each other out for the first round, then engaging about half way through the second. Neither one will want to make an anxious mistake, ie. Lesnar getting caught and Carwin getting taken down early.

I think it'll be a good fight. I'm not saying Brock Smash, I just still don't buy the Carwin hype. But he does hit hard. Mir played the role of stand up punching bag very well last night.

We'll just have to wait and see. Can't get here fast enough.

Members online