Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game, Set, Match- 2001 Greats of the Game auto set complete!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
bigpapiMA32- I wonder the same...I also have the Paul Blair dual signed card (not sure the story behind that) and the Stargell and Perry redemptions.

klute14- I can understand ;) I went for 2001 as it has 50+ HOFers. How many HOFers in the '99 set?

George- Thanks!!

jeremy- I think '00 is nice too, but I certainly favor '01 :cool:

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
By my count, 25 of 80.

MaineMule said:
bigpapiMA32- I wonder the same...I also have the Paul Blair dual signed card (not sure the story behind that) and the Stargell and Perry redemptions.

klute14- I can understand ;) I went for 2001 as it has 50+ HOFers. How many HOFers in the '99 set?

George- Thanks!!

jeremy- I think '00 is nice too, but I certainly favor '01 :cool:

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
mlbsalltimegreats- Yes, pulling the plug on the Mays was a fairly expensive accomplishment ;)

Big Mac McGwire- Appreciate the pat on the back....I too think it is quite sexy as well :D

klute14- I do like the SI design on the '99s but went for the '01 based on the number of HOFers

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Tom Oates said:
Congrats! The Mays is the last card I need to complete my set too.

Thanks Tom, I remember we traded correspondence some months ago that we both needed this card. I decided to take the plunge, since as you know, this card does not come up very often.

Good luck trying to nail this one down.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
jarcar
scotty21690
robboshow

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm pretty excited to have this one wrapped up. I've been on the prowl for the Mays for quite some time.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Great! My favorite auto set behind 1997 UD Legends football. What did the Mays set you back? I still need that one as well.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Congrats on completing the set, that is a tough one to finish!

When I got back into collecting in 2003 after almost 10 years, the 2001 GOTG base set was my very first hobby purchase. I had just come back from Cooperstown and was searching for baseball cards online to see what was new. When I stumbled across this set, I just had to have it...so I signed up for eBay that day and completed my first ever transaction. This is still one of my favorite sets of all-time. Congrats again!

Members online