Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Chipper Jones Auto purchase (non certified)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
What do you Chipper Jones autograph experts think of the authenticity of this one?
!BorGYGwB2k~$(KGrHqYH-E!EuZZsGuutBLoVD!VmK!~~_3.jpg

I've been wanting an autographed version of this card for a while--but one never popped up. I saw this one on Ebay with a $25 price tag and ended up getting it for $20. I'm hoping to send it along with some other RCs that I got signed IP to PSA/DNA if they ever have another $10 special. Just for comparison's sake, here is an IP auto I got from Chipper when I first started going after IP autos (too bad I didn't have a RC of his with me)

ChipperJonesIP5-16-05.jpg

Thanks for your comments,
Anthony

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
here one i got signed along with his 91' Bowman a couple months ago at a signing in CA.

Chipper1991ToppsAuto.jpg

the only thing missing in your auto is the mark (I think its his Jersey #) that he puts in the loop of the "J" in his last name

-Dan

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Thanks for the comments, folks. The seller said this was from his and his son's IP auto days--when they used to go to FL for Spring Training. Based on his other items for sale (it looks like a big unloading of various things) I took a shot with this auto. For now, I'll save the seller's name and address and contact him later if I need to (after sending it to PSA/DNA).

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
chromerookies said:
here one i got signed along with his 91' Bowman a couple months ago at a signing in CA.

Chipper1991ToppsAuto.jpg

the only thing missing in your auto is the mark (I think its his Jersey #) that he puts in the loop of the "J" in his last name

-Dan

Very cool card, I'm jealous. I'm sure that '91 Bowman looks cool, too--I just really like the '91 Topps set (there are some cool photos in that set).

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
The problems I see with it:

the starting position on the C -- I don't see too many hooks on his autographs, but as I said this could be a thick sharpie thing.

what worries me more is the depth of his loop on the J. On all the other ones, you can see where he turns his hand on the J to come back up ad it's almost never at the halfway point. He draws it out to make it look sorta off-center and awkward.

On yours, he starts the incline way too early.

Members online