Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what ever happened to the night crew threads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
wlalocal71 said:
The morning thread is pretty much the all day thread, the rest of us go to chat.

More like all day, ALL NIGHT thread.

Its like High School in there.

Shep

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
shepsspot said:
wlalocal71 said:
The morning thread is pretty much the all day thread, the rest of us go to chat.

Shep

High school that does a lot of charity, but thanks for your comment.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
George_Calfas said:
shepsspot said:
wlalocal71 said:

Shep

Thats what I am talking about right there, wish I could pat you on the back. People that do good things dont need to tell others about it, they already know.

What happens when someone that is not a "normal" MT poster tries to post, maybe one or two people will say something to that person and then get ingored by the rest of the poster in there.

Or God forbid someone that is not the "normal" MT poster start a MT thread, they will get a pm telling them not to start it anymore and a whole new MT thread will start! I have seen this happen more than once.

Sure sounds like High School to me.

Shep

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
cgilmo said:
shep, get over it man

seriously, if you don't like how they do things start your own thing

Trust me I am way over it!

But dont come in her waxing poetic about how great you are, when you act like a child.

Shep

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
shepsspot said:
George_Calfas said:
shepsspot said:
wlalocal71 said:

Shep

Thats what I am talking about right there, wish I could pat you on the back. People that do good things dont need to tell others about it, they already know.

What happens when someone that is not a "normal" MT poster tries to post, maybe one or two people will say something to that person and then get ingored by the rest of the poster in there.

Or God forbid someone that is not the "normal" MT poster start a MT thread, they will get a pm telling them not to start it anymore and a whole new MT thread will start! I have seen this happen more than once.

Shep
thats kind of wrong, they will take new members, you just gotta post there.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
shepsspot said:
People that do good things dont need to tell others about it, they already know.

Clearly YOU didnt know or else you wouldnt have made such a foolish comment. So what if you dont like the MT? Dont post in it. Same as if they dont like you, so what? This isnt High School, this is the Real World, FCB edition. People dont have to like each other.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
jeff550 said:
shepsspot said:
George_Calfas said:
shepsspot said:
wlalocal71 said:

Shep

Shep
thats kind of wrong, they will take new members, you just gotta post there.

Last time I checked it's not a club with membership requirements. Heck, we let chashawk post there. Speaking for myself the only person I have ever ignored in that thread is Miggy since I have him on my foe list.
It's a great collection of people who have been more than generous with their time and money. People who frequent that thread look out for each other and their families in more ways than just sports cards. So shepsspot, if you're going to take the proverbial shot across the bow go right ahead. I think it just makes you look like the kid who gets picked last at kickball all the time in gym class.

A_Pharis

I like everyone, and despite what Shep's opinion makes it seem like -- anyone is welcome to post in the MT. It's not like we're some official and exclusive group. We're just guys who are on every morning. If you're up early -- come in.
Yes, we do respect some etiquette, but that's just to keep it from becoming a mess.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Could we bring light to the OPs question since I am interested as well. If you have a question or comment about the MT please feel free to pop in, say hi, and ask away.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I, for one, really have enjoyed posting in the MT. I first "joined" last Spring/Summer and felt quite welcome. Granted the initiation ceremony, what with the pig's blood, full moon, and daggers seemed a little over the top.

I will say that the guys have been supportive of each other and help each other out with deals and freebies almost constantly.

Personally, I can attest to the generosity and kindness of their support. From a flood of well wishes during my current (and ongoing) medical problems to an amazing group gift for my wedding to random mailers with Carew, Fregosi, Cepeda stuff to just general supportive, friendly notes and posts, the MT is a nice way to take a break from daily stressers.

Members online