Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are these fakes?

What is your opinion

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
well the chrome proofs are deff fakes, been discussed before.
you boil a chrome in water and that happens. Most of the plates look legit though.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
These people are selling fake 1/1 plates for a LOT of money and eBay is not doing a freaking THING about it! This makes me furious. How can eBay let them get away with this on such a massive level?!?!?! If it was a few, maybe, but they are selling thousands and thousands of dollars worth of these obviously fake cards!!! I'm so freaking pissed off about this! I reported every single one of their past auctions weeks ago and absolutely NOTHING was done about it... they just keep selling and selling them flooding the market with fake freaking printing plates. This will only hurt the value of real ones... does this bother anyone else???

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I would guess that most of the plates came from the fleer liquidation. They may only issue 1 per pack, but they are sure to have many many more from actually printing the cards.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
bouwob said:
I would guess that most of the plates came from the fleer liquidation. They may only issue 1 per pack, but they are sure to have many many more from actually printing the cards.

These look homemade with no pictures of the backs though. Do you really think these are real? The other guy is literally doing the boiling a card "proofs" and getting away with it.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
That pirateninja guy sells some legit stuff, but he moves a lot of fake product, knowingly. I just don't deal with him, even when I want something he has. More headaches than it worth.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
While I agree with everything said here, the thing nobody ever talks about is the fact that people are ignorant/uninformed enough to buy this crap. I think the fact that they are obviously fake is reflected in the fact that a Jordan 1/1 sold for $15.

Members online

Latest posts