Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 BOWMAN CHROME PURPLE REFRACTORS. THOUGHTS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Although these are not numbered, they seem to fall somewhere between the ref. and the xfractors. what do you guys think about them and their future investment potential for prospects.?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
There not serial numbered and are retail exclusive

retail is a dirty word in some cliques

they have some potential but not too much

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I don't think the "public" knows how to treat these, and therefore they have very little value. They can outsell base refractors, but I think that is it. They seem to more of a player collector item than prospecting parallel

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
js0000001 said:
There not serial numbered and are retail exclusive

retail is a dirty word in some cliques

they have some potential but not too much

refractors also unnumbered if I am correct. I like the idea that there was something retail exclusive. Blasters usually yield 2 per.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I have 2 incoming, and think they are much nicer looking than the base ref. or this year's xfract.

Think there is some potential for future value, since it seems not a lot of people bust retail.

I had 2 orange ref. and 2 gold ref. for my guy before I found the 2 purples I have coming.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'm going to go against the grain here and say they are a very good long term investment.

They are great looking cards and limited. Despite being retail only, they are going to be very sought after by player collectors in the years to come. Prospectors may be the pulse of the hobby, but the heart that beats is the player collectors, set collectors, and general hobby collectors. So, even though prospectors have yet to really latch on to the retail only purple, it's only a matter of time before they take off with the rest of the collecting world. And when it does, look out! Ofcourse, this is all opinion so........

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Once a couple big name rookies jump out of the set and people look around and see how tough they are, they'll be the cards du jour. Long-term consistent value, I dunno. Probably doubtful for non-RC prospects and vets.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I'd take it a step further and say the purples will help bring down the value of the other parallels because most people won't attempt to build complete rainbows.

chashawk said:
I have 2 incoming, and think they are much nicer looking than the base ref. or this year's xfract.

Think there is some potential for future value, since it seems not a lot of people bust retail.

I had 2 orange ref. and 2 gold ref. for my guy before I found the 2 purples I have coming.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
matfanofold said:
I'm going to go against the grain here and say they are a very good long term investment.

They are great looking cards and limited. Despite being retail only, they are going to be very sought after by player collectors in the years to come. Prospectors may be the pulse of the hobby, but the heart that beats is the player collectors, set collectors, and general hobby collectors. So, even though prospectors have yet to really latch on to the retail only purple, it's only a matter of time before they take off with the rest of the collecting world. And when it does, look out! Ofcourse, this is all opinion so........
I'm going to lean this way as well. Especially if people are discounting the potential now, there's room for a nice jump.

Members online