Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will I ever win this card? Auction ended early yet AGAIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I've bid on four different auctions for an Adrian Gonzalez 2000 Topps HD Auto (all different sellers) and each of them have been ended early. I'll keep trying but you'd think that for a card numbered out of 250 that it wouldn't be that difficult to get one.

Here's the last auction I was bidding on
[ebay:2ml8pnlu] 320508773627[/ebay:2ml8pnlu]

Have any of you had a card you were after where the auctions for that card always seem to be ended early?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Why don't you message the seller right away and say.

PLEASE DON'T END THIS EARLY. If you need cash now, I'll give it to you, but I've seen 4 cards sold off ebay and I would've paid more for them tha each of the seller received.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
pigskincardboard said:

PLEASE DON'T END THIS EARLY. If you need cash now, I'll give it to you, but I've seen 4 cards sold off ebay and I would've paid more for them tha each of the seller received.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Mike

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
If the card is a $50 card (I have no clue) email the seller that you were willing to pay $125 for it and that you knew of at least one other person that is willing to bid that high.

Make the seller think he left tons of money on the table by ending the auction early. That might get them to stop.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:

I completely get what you're saying but as a seller myself, I don't believe that it's fair to the individuals who have bid on an auction for me to end it early once there are bids placed. So, I haven't ever offered made an offer to end an auction early once there were already bids made.

Each of these times though, I have messaged the sellers once the auctions were ended and asked why the auction was ended, if the item was going to be relisted and if they had any other copies of the card for sale. That being said though, if I have a seller cancel an auction on me more than once, I will no longer bid on their items.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
vwnut13 said:
If the card is a $50 card (I have no clue) email the seller that you were willing to pay $125 for it and that you knew of at least one other person that is willing to bid that high.

Make the seller think he left tons of money on the table by ending the auction early. That might get them to stop.

I think that would work if it is ever the same seller again. As of yet though, it's been a different seller each time.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
i do half of my buying off the bay......if i dont ask someone else will.

there is a card i really want right now in an auctions and the guy has been flooded with offers to end it early............his grand price tag is a bit much for a nonauto and non super chrome.........i think it will sell for 650 if it goes to the end......but at least i tried before it diappeared!

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
EricInCT said:
i do half of my buying off the bay......if i dont ask someone else will.

there is a card i really want right now in an auctions and the guy has been flooded with offers to end it early............his grand price tag is a bit much for a nonauto and non super chrome.........i think it will sell for 650 if it goes to the end......but at least i tried before it diappeared!

Did you remember to talk down the player and/or tell they were injured?

That should work.... right?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It's a sweet card and I imagine before you mentioned it here not too many knew it existed.

Members online