Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mickey Mantle signed 8x10 value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Buddy of mine knows I'm into the baseball card/memorabilia hobby, asked what he might be able to sell a signed Mickey Mantle 8x10 photo for. I don't have a ton of details other than he DOES have the COA. I have not seen the photo myself, but assuming all is on the up and up, is $70-$90 a "safe" range to give him?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It greatly depends on the type of COA.

If it's a lesser known, or well known kind for authenticating fakes, it could be potentially worthless. If it were authenticated by a reputable authenticator, then it has value. Depending on the actual photo, it's condition, and the condition of the auto, it could well be worth several hundred dollars. However, the variables are all but limitless so with what you have given us to work with, it could be worth zero to 'who knows' depending on what i mentioned earlier in this post. but an average estimate of a authenticated piece should fetch a coupple hundred anyhow.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
If uda psa jsa is the coa you can get more. If random 80s coa which I can make in my living room in 15 seconds its far less.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
jswaykos said:
Buddy of mine knows I'm into the baseball card/memorabilia hobby, asked what he might be able to sell a signed Mickey Mantle 8x10 photo for. I don't have a ton of details other than he DOES have the COA. I have not seen the photo myself, but assuming all is on the up and up, is $70-$90 a "safe" range to give him?

Depending on image,
psa= $225-300
jsa= $175-250
***/no coa= $50-90 (and 99% of buyers will think it is fake)
Hope this helps... BG

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
razorent said:
jswaykos said:

Depending on image,
psa= $225-300
jsa= $175-250
Hope this helps... BG

What he failed to mention is that the quality and condition of the photo and auto will greatly impact the numbers given here as well. Certinly not as clear cut as he presented it. For example, without a coa, and a poor conditioned, off looking auto will net you $0.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
matfanofold said:
razorent said:
jswaykos said:

Depending on image,
psa= $225-300
jsa= $175-250
Hope this helps... BG

What he failed to mention is that the quality and condition of the photo and auto will greatly impact the numbers given here as well. Certinly not as clear as he presented it. For example, without a coa, and a poor conditioned, off looking auto will net you $0.

+1 for truth.
BG

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I had a great looking Mantle 8x10 with Scoreboard LOA

It looked perfect

consigned it to an auction house

it came back to me a month later as failing authentication

I sold it on eBay

got about $100

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Thanks for the replies. As soon as I submitted the topic I realized that it'd vary greatly depending on the COA company. I do know that it's not an action shot, he told me that much. Memorabilia is not really my wheelhouse (nor is selling in general, really). I'll get him to send me a scan of the piece.

Latest posts