Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is wrong with this video?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Someone on another forum pointed something out about this video, lets see if anyone else sees it. Also dont you get a full psa letter? I know the dude who pulled the bat did, where is it for the ball?

[youtube:1uadd7q8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpTJwJfLRPo[/youtube:1uadd7q8]

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
ballcardzdotcom said:
That the ball was wrapped in clingy wrap? All the items that I've pulled out of those types of boxes have been shrink wrapped and not loose.
See I dont think anything is odd, but others apparently think there is a second autograph on the side panel being covered. I cant figure out why he would do this?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
i havent opened any of the newer stuff but the authentication has always been the tristar sticker. you can put the serial in on their website and find your item.

the only thing strange i noticed is that it looked like he was covering up something else on the ball above the mantle sig and laces.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
moxacaine said:
i havent opened any of the newer stuff but the authentication has always been the tristar sticker. you can put the serial in on their website and find your item.

the only thing strange i noticed is that it looked like he was covering up something else on the ball above the mantle sig and laces.

See thats what others are saying. I see something but maybe its a mark on the wrapper? But if you pause it at like 1:34 looks like a "t". Whatever the case good for him, but if you say its just a tristar sticker thats cool I guess, I much rather another authenticator but whatever heh.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
nyc3 said:
ballcardzdotcom said:
That the ball was wrapped in clingy wrap? All the items that I've pulled out of those types of boxes have been shrink wrapped and not loose.
See I dont think anything is odd, but others apparently think there is a second autograph on the side panel being covered. I cant figure out why he would do this?
Agreed. I saw that autograph also. When he first shows the ball, it is very noticeable on the top. I don't understand his motive, but I definitely think that is an autograph on the Side Panel.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
nyc3 said:
moxacaine said:

See thats what others are saying. I see something but maybe its a mark on the wrapper? But if you pause it at like 1:34 looks like a "t". Whatever the case good for him, but if you say its just a tristar sticker thats cool I guess, I much rather another authenticator but whatever heh.

ive gotten ones that had dual authentication of tristar and mlb. dont think i pulled any with the PSA sticker before. its strange how he doesnt even acknowledge it and makes it a point to cover it with his finger.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
moxacaine said:
ive gotten ones that had dual authentication of tristar and mlb. dont think i pulled any with the PSA sticker before. its strange how he doesnt even acknowledge it and makes it a point to cover it with his finger.

Yeah I seem to recall either the Ted Williams bat or Mickey Mantle Jersey having a full LOA from psa, but maybe I am mistaken. But the only motive I can see is trying to win some sickest pull contest or something which someone said was posted and removed from his comments on youtube.

I hope I am not coming off as calling this dude out or even really giving a crap, its just a discussion that I was having that apparently I was wrong on as everyone is seeing something.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
The guy says its a smudge, others are saying he's hiding something. If he just takes a pic of the ball, or better yet, records a video of the "smudge" I believe it will remove any doubt either way.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
The box was opened on the bottom with the ball slid in...just my theory...

Looks like he's submitting to the "blowout best pulls" contest...so it really seems fishy now...

Like I said on blowout...that's just an "un-natural" way to hold a ball like that...a ball of that caliber....

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Messier2 said:
The box was opened on the bottom with the ball slid in...just my theory...

Looks like he's submitting to the "blowout best pulls" contest...so it really seems fishy now...

Like I said on blowout...that's just an "un-natural" way to hold a ball like that...a ball of that caliber....

nobody grips a signed baseball like that...unless its a full count and bottom of the 9th

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
1:34 he's looking at the computer showing the ball and moves his finger to cover whatever it is.
1:41 it looks like looks away at the screen for a second to see if the ball is covered from the other angle...

Members online