Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh The Humanity!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
AUTaxMan said:
I've never understood why they would ever do a cut auto of someone who isnt dead.

They can't release the full AFLAC auto version for some players, so they made "cuts".

Some have Razor contract hurdles and some have MLBPA issues.

The cards look awful, IMO. Even the base autos look hoorible with the sticker autos. Everyone wants to knock Razor, but at least they got on card autos.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
NECpilgrims8 said:
AUTaxMan said:
I've never understood why they would ever do a cut auto of someone who isnt dead.

They can't release the full AFLAC auto version for some players, so they made "cuts".

Some have Razor contract hurdles and some have MLBPA issues.

The cards look awful, IMO. Even the base autos look hoorible with the sticker autos. Everyone wants to knock Razor, but at least they got on card autos.

but but but.........they were unlicensed.

:lol:

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Why doesn't topps just insert the whole pre-signed aflac card as an "insert" similar to 08BDP or 09BDP...or does that violate the Razor contract?

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
The card doesn't look all that bad. At least Topps did a nice job centering the cut in the window. Look at the bright side: You get two cards (or one and a half) for the price of one.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Sick, simply sick.

I feel bad for anyone buying this Topps release, this is clearly a case where they will try and tantalize consumers with big names like Hicks, Smoak and Alvrez to get them to buy what's equivalent to a base Topps card. Then a little later on, they will announce the release of these guys in Chrome, in some form or fashion and the value of these cards will drop significantly.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
masonphillip said:
Sick, simply sick.

I feel bad for anyone buying this Topps release, this is clearly a case where they will try and tantalize consumers with big names like Hicks, Smoak and Alvrez to get them to buy what's equivalent to a base Topps card. Then a little later on, they will announce the release of these guys in Chrome, in some form or fashion and the value of these cards will drop significantly.

Thats really the consumers fault. Until folks move away from the notion that "chrome is king" it will never change. Oh yeah and the licensed vs. unlicensed nonsense.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
masonphillip said:
Sick, simply sick.

Thats really the consumers fault. Until folks move away from the notion that "chrome is king" it will never change. Oh yeah and the licensed vs. unlicensed nonsense.

Consumers have been given plenty of reasons to move away from the "chrome is king" notion over the past few years, 2008 & 2009 BC come to mind. Its just not happening and probably won't. Other brands have made nice inroads like Elite but even when the product is horrible, Chrome still rules the roost.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
This product has financial disaster written all over it for people who rip it to resell the singles. For PC, there are some nice 1/1's and some decent base cards for guys who have only had Razor or Tristar stuff. But for real value, you will need to hit a top level card to even do ok

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
masonphillip said:
phillyfan0417 said:
masonphillip said:
Sick, simply sick.

Consumers have been given plenty of reasons to move away from the "chrome is king" notion over the past few years, 2008 & 2009 BC come to mind. Its just not happening and probably won't. Other brands have made nice inroads like Elite but even when the product is horrible, Chrome still rules the roost.

I agree 100%. My assertion is that this is not Topps doing, its the hobby which has made it this way.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
That is RIDICULOUS. Seriously, just plain freaking stupid. I wouldn't touch a card like that with a ten foot pole.

and that's a big hit!

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
If they just would have shrunken the cut of the window it wouldn't have been so bad.

2010-03-31_122857.jpg

Members online