Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB network

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
Is there a list of whose is getting the MLB network? I know Time Warner is a minority owner, so at least there is a hope I will get it.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Distribution:

MLB Network will launch in approximately 50 million homes as the largest network debut in cable history, exceeding any other cable television launch by approximately 20 million

MLB Network will be broadly distributed across 43 cable and satellite systems on expanded digital basic cable or the equivalent

MLB Network will be available on major systems including Comcast, Cox, Direct TV, Time Warner, Charter, Cablevision and Verizon FiOS

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
If you have a Time Warner Digital service it might be available. I have Comcast Digital with the Sports Package (NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL TV a Tennis channel and an outdoor sports channel) and MLB Network will be included with that package.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
Look through your channels. I have Comcast, and the channel is already running, they are showing previews and stuff.

Do you have Digital Comcast with the Sports package... or just str8 Comcast cable?

Just wondering if I would still have it if I dump digital and went back to normal cable.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
P_Manning 18 said:
cowboysrule48 said:
Look through your channels. I have Comcast, and the channel is already running, they are showing previews and stuff.

Do you have Digital Comcast with the Sports package... or just str8 Comcast cable?

Just wondering if I would still have it if I dump digital and went back to normal cable.

Yes, digital with sports package. MLBN isn't anywhere near the other sports channels for some reason(channel # wise)

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
BrewerSuperCollector said:
Is there a list of whose is getting the MLB network? I know Time Warner is a minority owner, so at least there is a hope I will get it.

It's as easy as this right now: If your system/provider has MLB EXTRA INNINGS, you will have MLB Network available from your provider in at least one package.

I know DIRECTV will have it on channel 213 and available in CHOICE, CHOICE XTRA and PREMIER packages. My local comcast system will have it on channel 271 in what I am assuming is a digital cable tier.

Your best bet is to go to the website of your provider and look at the channel lineup (that's where I found Comcast's channel number in my town). I'm assuming Time Warner may have their website updated also to include MLBN.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
I looked at Time Warners website for the Milwaukee area and nothing came up. I then called Time Warner and the lady put me on hold for 15 minutes while she found out the answer and she told me it was only offered in the MLB Extra Innings package.

Members online