Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Message from thepit.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Dear ThePit User,

We are following up with ThePit accounts that have a balance, but have been inactive for the past 18 months. To keep your account from being changed to a non-active status, you will need to either buy or sell an item on the site within the next 30 days. You also have the option to withdraw any of your holdings and simply allow your account to expire.

In the future if you'd like to buy and/or sell on ThePit you can return to the site at any time and simply open up a new account.

So, hopefully you will take the time to buy or sell an item on ThePit before the end of April. If you have any questions or need your password to access your account, please contact [email protected] and we are always glad to help.

Thank you,

ThePit Accounts Dept.
www.ThePit.com

Does this mean they would just keep all my cards?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
js0000001 said:
Dear ThePit User,

We are following up with ThePit accounts that have a balance, but have been inactive for the past 18 months. To keep your account from being changed to a non-active status, you will need to either buy or sell an item on the site within the next 30 days. You also have the option to withdraw any of your holdings and simply allow your account to expire.

In the future if you'd like to buy and/or sell on ThePit you can return to the site at any time and simply open up a new account.

So, hopefully you will take the time to buy or sell an item on ThePit before the end of April. If you have any questions or need your password to access your account, please contact [email protected] and we are always glad to help.

Thank you,

ThePit Accounts Dept.
http://www.ThePit.com

Does this mean they would just keep all my cards?

I would say no. There is a certain amount of paperwork and database space to update often.....I would think that if you logged on in say 7 months from now it would say you have an inactive account and have to jump through a hoop or two to activate it. No biggie I would think.

Worse case is they bill your credit card on file and send you the cards automatically.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
mredsox89 said:
I wish I could just withdraw all of my cards, but they charge way too much to take your cards out.

You mean you wish you could sell them on there for a profit ::facepalm::

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
EricInCT said:
mredsox89 said:
I wish I could just withdraw all of my cards, but they charge way too much to take your cards out.

You mean you wish you could sell them on there for a profit ::facepalm::

haha, that would work as well. Its mostly just 1 or 2 of a bunch of copies I sent in a long ways back because I was just trying to clean stuff up. And there is no action on there anyways

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Here is what I have in my port

They want $50 to get them all delivered

11 00 Kazuhiro Sasaki Bowman Chrome Draft Picks PSA 9
1 01 Mark Mulder eTopps Encased
15 01 Morgan Ensberg Bowman Draft Picks Ungraded
2 02 Greg Maddux eTopps Encased
3 02 Hank Blalock eTopps Encased
4 02 Hideo Nomo eTopps Encased
2 02 Manny Delcarmen Bowman Chrome Uncirculated Encased
3 02 Matt Morris eTopps Encased
5 02 Mike Sweeney eTopps Encased
5 02 Shawn Green eTopps Encased
20 02 Vladimir Guerrero eTopps Encased
1 03 Daric Barton Upper Deck Prospect Premieres Rookie
1 03 Dwaine Bacon Bowman Chrome Uncirculated Encased
2 03 Lastings Milledge Upper Deck Prospect Premiers Ungraded
2 04 Ervin Santana Bowman Chrome Uncirculated Encased
20 05 Brandon Erbe Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Ungraded
2 05 Brandon Moorhead Bowman Uncirculated Encased
1 05 Tadahito Iguchi Bowman Chrome Uncirculated Encased
15 06 Jeremy Hellickson Bowman Chrome Prospects Rookie Card Ungraded
8 07 Aaron Cunningham Bowman Chrome Prospects Rookie Card Ungraded
5 08 Engel Beltre Bowman Chrome Rookie Card Ungraded
3 08 Gerardo Parra Bowman Chrome Rookie Card Ungraded
8 08 Glenn Gibson Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Rookie Card Ungraded
1 87 Kevin Brown Donruss PSA 9
5 90 Juan Gonzalez Fleer PSA 9
5 99 Casey Blake Fleer Tradition Rookie Update Ungraded

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
New email today

Dear SportsBuy User,

We apologize for the email we sent you in error yesterday regarding ThePit account status. That was meant for someone else. Please disregard the email and you do not have to do anything on your end.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
-Bill Elder
SportsBuy Marketing Dept.

April fools?

Honestly I think my account has been active within the last 18 months

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I received the same message yesterday, I cant say that I have logged into my account within the past 4 years.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I tried to log on a couple days ago and sell some cards but when I accepted a buy order, it did not go through. Then when I clicked to accept the next buy order, it didn't go through either. I gave up rather than go lower but I think the site is basically dead.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Codasco07 said:
I tried to log on a couple days ago and sell some cards but when I accepted a buy order, it did not go through. Then when I clicked to accept the next buy order, it didn't go through either. I gave up rather than go lower but I think the site is basically dead.

+1

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I got the email too but was not inactive over that time. I made a few deals.

I had a few hundo in my account I just told them to send me a check. The few cards I have in there are fairly worthless at this point

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
I received one today from Sportsbuy. Last time I was there was in 2007. They said I had 38.30 in my account so I am having it transferred to my checking. Free money for me.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have used my account 3 times in the past 2 months and I still get that same E-mail
I had them ship me some cards and I bought some cards really cheap from them and have them in my
portfolio. So I don;t know what the hell there talking about I have been inactive

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Got the message as well as the follow-up. Looks like they mistakenly sent the message to everyone on the site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts