Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anything you plan on changing in 2009 (regarding cards)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yanksfan4eva

Nov 11, 2008
With the new year right around the corner, is there anything you plan on doing different next year?

Example: Buying singles, no more wax, sticking to a brand, HOF, prospects???

Thanks for sharing
Ryan

tonyrios

Aug 11, 2008
Brooklyn
Try to go with more short term investments, I'm bad and I get bored of looking at the same cards.
And try to get one really nice piece I'm never going to want to get rid of, preferably a 1955 Clemente.

wildcat4

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Illinois
I've already started a HOF/ Retired players game used collection. Got a Mel Ott card in the mail last week, as well as a Willie Mays and Duke Snider. Also got a John McGraw bat card inbound from Ebay. Hoping it gets here sometime early next week.

-Steve

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I plan on cutting back on the crap like blasters and stuff......I'm a sucker for impulse buys. I am also going to limit the amount of wax that I open and will probably start picking up singles more. I hope to add some nice pieces to my Ryan Zimmerman PC and I am going to focus on nailing down some autos for my PC card collection (Jeter, Arod, Pujols, Griffey, Ripken and a Jordan auto to name a few)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I will probably cut back.I will focus only on the few sets I want and my Bagwell collection.I think I will be slowing up a little more than planned on my Bagwell collection though.I will also still be trying to complete a few sets I have yet to complete.My wax busts this upcoming year will be minimal at best.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
For 2009, I'm gonna buy one vintage box a month (1995- 2002)... I frankly don't know what to collect anymore after 30 years. I'll still be trying to get more Topps Fan Favorites auto, but the players I'm missing don't seem to be appearing or the guys selling them have overpriced them. After getting to 148 different players' certified autos, I've hit another wall.

I'm sure I'll figure something interesting baseball-wise.

G

I'm going to move a lot of stuff in 2009, either buy selling, trading or giving it away.
I have over 30,000 cards and I have way to much stuff I don't even collect per say.

Members online

Latest posts