Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

They take baseball a little too seriously in Oklahoma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Apr 1, 2:13 PM CST

BY Jack Neidenmeyer
Associated Press Writer

Oklahoma (AP)- A little league baseball coach was removed and arrested from a practice today. Stan Marshall is the coach of thirteen 5-6 year olds in a little league coach-pitch league. During batting practice, he was trying to teach the boys how to stand in the batter’s box. When the boys would crowd the plate, he would throw at them “to get it through their heads” not to crowd the plate. “He was just whizzing these super fast pitches right by my son,” said April Fulsjoce. “He just kept yelling at him not to crowd “his” plate.”

This incident only went on for a few minutes before the concerned mother called the police. Other concerned parents, including Kenny Washburn, decided to intervene. “My son and other children were in tears. He actually hit one little boy in the back with a fastball that danced like a knuckler, but had a lot of steam on it. He then shouted at the boy to rub dirt on it and said there's no crying in baseball.” Washburn and 3 other fathers rushed the field and forcibly removed Marshall.

After the police arrived, he was arrested and taken away in a squad car. Deputy Miller had this to say, “This is incredibly deplorable. These poor children are going to have physical and emotional bruises from this for some time to come. These boys sure learned the hard way how not to crowd the plate.”

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
muskiesfan said:
Apr 1, 2:13 PM CST

BY Jack Neidenmeyer
Associated Press Writer

Oklahoma (AP)- A little league baseball coach was removed and arrested from a practice today. Stan Marshall is the coach of thirteen 5-6 year olds in a little league coach-pitch league. During batting practice, he was trying to teach the boys how to stand in the batter’s box. When the boys would crowd the plate, he would throw at them “to get it through their heads” not to crowd the plate. “He was just whizzing these super fast pitches right by my son,” said April Fulsjoce. “He just kept yelling at him not to crowd “his” plate.”

This incident only went on for a few minutes before the concerned mother called the police. Other concerned parents, including Kenny Washburn, decided to intervene. “My son and other children were in tears. He actually hit one little boy in the back with a fastball that danced like a knuckler, but had a lot of steam on it. He then shouted at the boy to rub dirt on it and said there's no crying in baseball.” Washburn and 3 other fathers rushed the field and forcibly removed Marshall.

After the police arrived, he was arrested and taken away in a squad car. Deputy Miller had this to say, “This is incredibly deplorable. These poor children are going to have physical and emotional bruises from this for some time to come. These boys sure learned the hard way how not to crowd the plate.”

One of the funniest things I have read here in a while :lol:

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
This is a 100% fabricated April Fool's joke. I tried to tip it off with the mother's name: April Fulsjoce= April Foolsjoke

Scott- You hit the nail on the head. Dave and I were talking about this exact same thing yesterday and having a good laugh. We were discussing if that would be a good way for him to teach the boys not to crowd the plate. (just joking around obviously) :lol: So we concocted this lovely AP news story. Very good catch my friend. ;)

Members online

Latest posts