Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just decided to start a new project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I just decided to start me a new project.I have never done an autograph set before but I am seriously trying this one out.I love the look of the new 2008 stadium club beam team autos so I figured I would try my hand at this.The checklist is not too loaded and hopefully I will be able to obtain most of the cards.But if not...oh well.I will not kill my bank account trying.But I really love the look of these cards.They look freaking awesome although its wierd how some of the checklist is.Mostly no namers and scrubs and then a few good vets and then some stars and some throwbacks but the way they chose the players for this set is beyond me.

If anybody has any they are looking to move...hit me up.Once I get a few in I will scan and keep updating as I go.

One other thing...I was checking becktt.com and they only had 52 total cards for this set but when I go topps they show 61 total.Anyone know what the deal is here?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
Good luck dude. I hope you achieve your goal. Its a pretty nice looking set IMO as well.

Yeah.Thanks.I really love the old stained glass inserts from topps back in the day and I think adding a nice auto to it is doing it justice.Plus its bringing an old design back at the same time.The parallels for this set are just plain sick but I don't know how much of that I will be headed after.I am pretty cautious when embarking on a new goal simply because it can be hard and quite costly to do it.I almost died trying to complete my 2006 turkey red red parallel set and it wasn't even auto'd or anything.That thing cost me easily 3 -4 times its value.Prices for the cards were not that bad but trying to find a seller that had more than a couple I needed killed me.I just figured I would see where I could get with this.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well I got the first six in the mail today and I am even more impressed with this set in person.Just like the old school topps gallery of heros inserts.Nice stuff.Also a shout out to weather warrior, tonsofcommons and hamels heros who have all already helped me with my new project.

Here's what came in so far:

12-29-2008090548pm2.jpg
12-29-2008090820pm2.jpg
12-29-2008091155pm2.jpg
12-29-2008091333pm2.jpg
12-29-2008091510pm2.jpg
bloe.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
nice stuff, who is all in the set?

Mostly a bunch of scrub guys.There is also Manny ,Jose Reyes, Josh Hamilton, Gary Carter, Dan Haren, Darryl Strawberry, Carlos Delgado in there.

I have a few of them but not all of course.I am going slowly but surely.I so far have purchased 19/61 with a few bucks I got at christmas time.Otherwise I may stick to about a card or two a week.It just depends.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
rookierolodex said:
I have a Josh Hamilton if interested

Got it actually.Got it for an offer of $15.Kinda glad it wasn't much higher.Thanks though.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
marterburn said:
I have Ronny Paulino if you need it. Imagine the disappointment in my face when I dropped $25 on a pack of SC and got a Ronny Paulino auto :lol:

Actually got that one incoming as well.And yeah...that would suck.I had no idea a pack of this stuff was $25.Thats nuts.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I have a pretty good sized show coming up this weekend....anyway you could post who you need so I dont pick one up that you have incoming if I see one. That is one set I will admit that the sticker autos actually look ok on.......would have been hard to see the "on the card" autos on those...

Good luck
TK

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
This is one of the nicest looking sets. If they were on card, I'd add EVER after the first statement. I bought a Strawberry and a couple of cards of players I couldn't get TTM from the set.
Have fun with your set building!
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
pujolsthomefan33 said:
I have a pretty good sized show coming up this weekend....anyway you could post who you need so I dont pick one up that you have incoming if I see one. That is one set I will admit that the sticker autos actually look ok on.......would have been hard to see the "on the card" autos on those...

Good luck
TK
They could have used a clear area for the autos for on the card.
DANNY

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Just got two more in today's mail.

12-31-2008115241am2.jpg

12-31-2008113341am2.jpg

Oddly enough...this is my first Sheffield auto.

Members online