Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marcus Giles pleads guilty to beating his wife.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Just came down on the Associated Press wire.
Two words: 'roid rage.

EL CAJON, Calif. (AP) - Former big league second baseman Marcus Giles has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery for assaulting his wife last fall.
Giles was placed on three years probation by Judge Patricia Cookson and ordered to undergo a year of counseling.
Giles' attorney, James Matthew Brown, said his client has been in anger management counseling for four months.
The judge also issued a limited protective order against Giles, meaning he can have contact with his wife but cannot annoy or abuse her, Deputy District Attorney Claudia Grasso said.
Giles spent six seasons with the Atlanta Braves before joining his older brother, Brian, with the Padres in 2007. Marcus Giles was released after that season and hasn't played in the majors since.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
:shock: I guess he pulled a Billy D
landobottle1.jpg

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
pujolsjunkie said:
Um wow. First Brian, now Marcus. Guess it runs in the fam.

I was gonna say the same thing. Didn't Brian Giles cause his GF to miscarry due to beating her up? The guy should have been brought up on murder charges, but he's a baseball player, so he's above the law.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
sportscardtheory said:
pujolsjunkie said:

I was gonna say the same thing. Didn't Brian Giles cause his GF to miscarry due to beating her up? The guy should have been brought up on murder charges, but he's a baseball player, so he's above the law.

she could have gotten an abortion and it wouldn't be murder. Double standard?

jhk

Sep 19, 2009
North Kakalaki
justinmandawg said:
sportscardtheory said:
pujolsjunkie said:

abortion = legal
murder = illegal
big difference, but we're strictly talking about what the law states, not getting into the whole moral/religious aspect of it is....

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
The judge also issued a limited protective order against Giles, meaning he can have contact with his wife but cannot annoy or abuse her, Deputy District Attorney Claudia Grasso said.

No man could ever live up to that standard.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
jhk said:
justinmandawg said:
sportscardtheory said:
pujolsjunkie said:

abortion = legal
murder = illegal
big difference, but we're strictly talking about what the law states, not getting into the whole moral/religious aspect of it is....

she could be driving to get an abortion, get in a wreck w/ a drunk driver, the baby dies, the driver is charged w/ vehicular manslaughter or more.

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
That's a pretty pathetic response. Obviously all the people on here that think it is a joke and funny have serious mental problems. I worked at a Shelter for Battered Women out here in New Mexico. I have never seen so much fear in a womans eyes when a man walks into the room that they are in. They literally cower away. You can see they suffered tremedous pain at the hand of a man and for people to sit here and joke about it is sick. No human being deserves to be treated like that. A woman is a beautiful creature that should be cherished and treated with respect. Not to be someones punching bag. Also taking a lax attitude and saying it happens all the time, get over it is degrading to a woman. So that makes it OK because it happens all the time? Hopefully none of your mothers, aunts, sisters, or any other female family members suffer this fate. God help me if I ever come across a man hitting a woman because I will beat that man within an inch of their life.

Anthony K. said:
Man, seems like a lot of ******* are currently in a *** in this thread.

Domestic abuse happens ALL the time.

Get over it. That's life.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
francisjniskey said:
That's a pretty pathetic response. Obviously all the people on here that think it is a joke and funny have serious mental problems. I worked at a Shelter for Battered Women out here in New Mexico. I have never seen so much fear in a womans eyes when a man walks into the room that they are in. They literally cower away. You can see they suffered tremedous pain at the hand of a man and for people to sit here and joke about it is sick. No human being deserves to be treated like that. A woman is a beautiful creature that should be cherished and treated with respect. Not to be someones punching bag. Also taking a lax attitude and saying it happens all the time, get over it is degrading to a woman. So that makes it OK because it happens all the time? Hopefully none of your mothers, aunts, sisters, or any other female family members suffer this fate. God help me if I ever come across a man hitting a woman because I will beat that man within an inch of their life.
Post thanked!

Members online

Latest posts