Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lincecum promotion...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Just found this article on Yahoo, they say it's confirmed to not be an April Fool's joke, so I thought I'd post it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... mlb,231646

If you don't feel like reading the whole article - The Giants are having a Lincecum bobble head night......nothing odd there.....but of the 20,000 bobbleheads - 6 will be adorned with human hair. (Pic in the article).
Kind of weird, but I'm sure the scarcity of the item will cause interest. I also should note it is not Lincecum's hair.....so you won't be able to use the hair to clone a stable of super-pitcher's. :p Though having seen all sorts of weird things in this hobby, if they did actually use HIS hair, I can't imagine what those would go for.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
They can't use his real hair. If they did the Yankees would buy one of the dolls and use the hair to clone a staff of all Lincecums'.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
moxacaine said:
i think think when they do promotions like this they should have the player autograph x amount of copies before theyre handed out.

I'd like that better than the hair variant. The autographs are a great idea and seems like a no-brainer, wonder why they haven't done that yet.
I saw recently that McFarlene was doing that with some of the hockey variant figures - though on those you can see if it's auto'd through the packaging.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Jurgy25 said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Yeah-that-Lincecum-bobblehead-It-s-not-made-wi?urn=mlb,231859

Article says that the select bobbleheads will not have human hair, but synthetic hair.

Well that's stupid. Why don't they just admit they were being misleading most likely as a joke?

Oh well......sorry it turned out to be nonsense - I kind of thought the idea of some sort of variant was kind of cool.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Whats to stop people from just attaching hair to one of the nearly 20,000 regular bobbleheads?

Forget about patch fakers, what about hair fakers?

Members online

Latest posts