Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

After the lakers victory over the Celtics...

After the lakers victory over the Celtics

• The Lakers the team to beat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Do you still feel the Celtics are the best team?

I personally do not put all that much into one victory. The Lakers were at home.

I do anticipate another Celtics/Lakers final. I would still put the Celtics as the favorite because I assume they would have home court advantage. It wouldnot shock me if the Lakers did however win

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Huffamaniac said:
I personally do not put all that much into one victory. The Lakers were at home.
+1
I still think the Celtics are the best team in the league, and I also think it will be a Lakers/Celtics finals. It wouldn't surprise me either if the Lakers win it all, but I think the Celtics are better.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I couldn't watch the game with volume (damn company on christmas...) so I didn't get to hear the announcers explaining the calls, but some of those calls were questionable at best. I think home court helped out the lakers, but they did play better defense than they did last year.

The lakers were on the same level as the Celtics in this game, but I'd still pick the Celtics to win a playoff series against anyone. Also, every time I watch the lakers play I want to punch Kobe Bryant in the face. It really ticks me off with him always licking his lips, looking like a cocky ass, and getting every call or complaining about the non calls he doesn't get.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
I couldn't watch the game with volume (damn company on christmas...) so I didn't get to hear the announcers explaining the calls, but some of those calls were questionable at best. I think home court helped out the lakers, but they did play better defense than they did last year.
The lakers were on the same level as the Celtics in this game, but I'd still pick the Celtics to win a playoff series against anyone. Also, every time I watch the lakers play I want to punch Kobe Bryant in the face. It really ticks me off with him always licking his lips, looking like a cocky ass, and getting every call or complaining about the non calls he doesn't get.
Thank you!! because I noticed the same thing and after the game I thought It was just my biased thinking being that I was rooting for the Celts. Now that someone else metioned it I know Im not crazy. Something smelled really bad with that game :? . With that said I think was I was more upset that the Celts still had a chance to win that game in the last 2 and a half minutes but the lakers did play good defense to not allow the Celts to hit shots at the end. A call is a call but bad call are also momentum changers for teams and the Celts had no chance with the way it was offiated. This will not happen in Boston that's for sure. I had to watch the game at a family members house and with kids and family all there I could'nt scream or get mad at the Tv so I could help the Celts pull it off :D .

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
Thank you!! because I noticed the same thing and after the game I thought It was just my biased thinking being that I was rooting for the Celts. Now that someone else metioned it I know Im not crazy. Something smelled really bad with that game :? . With that said I think was I was more upset that the Celts still had a chance to win that game in the last 2 and a half minutes but the lakers did play good defense to not allow the Celts to hit shots at the end. A call is a call but bad call are also momentum changers for teams and the Celts had no chance with the way it was offiated. This will not happen in Boston that's for sure. I had to watch the game at a family members house and with kids and family all there I could'nt scream or get mad at the Tv so I could help the Celts pull it off :D .

I'm still waiting to hear the rule that says if an offensive player and defensive player are both in the air and contact is made then it is an offensive foul. The refs might as well been wearing signs on their back saying "we <3 Kobe" when they called that foul on rondo. It did leave me with the same feeling I had during the finals when the Celtics played awful and only lost by a few points. I thought the lakers played as good as they could have, and the celtics were pretty terrible and yet they were in the game until the very end. I still do not fear the Lakers as much as the Cavs. Right now the top 3 teams are Celtics, Cavs, Lakers, and in that order.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I dvr'd the game and watched it earlier without knowing the outcome and it was a great game. I think it was called good. The refs were "letting them play". With that being said, I think the Celtics are still the team to beat. This was just a regular season game and last I heard the Celtics beat them when it counted. Great game, though.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think it was a great game although I only got to see a small portion.I think the key to winning in the finals is playing at their best for the full 4 quarters. I know that sounds so cliche but its very true with these two teams.I really think both teams are so good that if even one guy is not doing his job it automatically kills his team.I expect to see them both in the finals again like last time but like I said...its all going to come down to who is playing perfect.Because thats about what they have to be...perfect to beat each other.

As for the Cavs...I am still not convinced.I still feel like they are a one man army.I have made the same joke and I actually heard it on the radio but somebody said something the other night when the rockets had to play them and they mentioned the rockets playing "Team Lebron".That had me cracking up.Could you imagine what that guy could do on a star studded team?Say with Kobe or the Celtics?My god it would be an awesome sight to see.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Wehttam6 said:
predatorkj said:
Could you imagine what that guy could do on a star studded team?...My god it would be an awesome sight to see.
I can...and it was.
usabasketball.jpg

Nah...I am talking about on a regular basketball team playing only for the NBA.Of course the USA team is off the chain.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts