Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CONGRATS USA BASKETBALL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Best game of the tournament, and the US prevails.

I was surprised how classless Spain was throughout the whole game: arguing calls, trash talking, etc... I am truly glad the US beat them.

Kobe + Dwade= Ice Water in their veins.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Great Job!

I agree with the Spain comment, surprised the refs even called the technical after letting it go on for over 39 minutes.

I think Marc Gasol had more elbows in that game than Karl Malone had in his career...

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
selah150pslm said:
Great Job!

I agree with the Spain comment, surprised the refs even called the technical after letting it go on for over 39 minutes.

I think Marc Gasol had more elbows in that game than Karl Malone had in his career...

I agree...I also agree with a comment Doug Davis made:

"If the US had been acting this way had the roles been reversed, the US team would have been viewed as ugly Americans."

Double Standards anyone?

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
soccerman034 said:
selah150pslm said:
Great Job!

I agree...I also agree with a comment Doug Davis made:

"If the US had been acting this way had the roles been reversed, the US team would have been viewed as ugly Americans."

Double Standards anyone?

That's every where in every aspect of life when it comes to different races and their perception in the media.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Doesn't surprise me that Spain acted like a bunch of kids, they must follow the example of their star, Pau Gasol. Congrats to USA. As much as I love winning the gold, the fact that they were so classy off the court is what makes me proud of them.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
I watched the entire thing woot!

I watched the whole thing and I am on the East Coast, WOOT!

U.S.A played their heart out. They showed the world that their not a bunch of superstars put together, their a team.

Rudy Fernandez is going to be a pretty good back up for Roy this year in Portland.

Spain acted like a bunch of 6th graders not getting every call. I forgot who it was, but when one of the U.S.A. players (I think Wade) had a fast break by himself, you could see all the Spanish player waving their towels and jumping up and down on the bench. I got confused haha, I thought a fight was gonna erupt.

Members online