Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

its obvious my lcs wants my business

how many times do you request a total

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marterburn

he may not have locked in on the exact cost / how he's going to get them. They have to buy 3 cases of regular bowman to get 1 Jumbo, right? Maybe he's concerned about being able to sell an extra 6 cases of Bowman and is exploring alternative means of acquiring the Jumbo cases.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Which shop is it in Omaha? I would only be worried that I'm getting locked in at a price I wouldn't want to pay. I wouldn't be agreeing to anything at this point.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I think you are getting taken advantage of. I'd bet since its a hot product, he is trying to get the most for his money since he knows how much you want it.

I don't know how well you know him personally. But my best friend owned a card shop, and I know he charged me for what he knew he could get for some stuff. He did have a business to run after all. I didn't mind though, because I got good deals on lesser stuff.

I'd almost bet he's waiting to see what they are going for and going to charge you for it. Otherwise, why wouldn't he just come out and say he's having a hard time finding them, or whatever the reason is. I doubt he'd totally ignore someone who wanted to triple his order if there was another reason!

edit: If I were you, at this point (or even earlier really!), I'd tell him to forget the whole order and get them elsewhere. Even if it was a few bucks more, he'd learn how it feels to lose a good customer.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Screw this clown. Buy them on ebay from a reputable seller, use bing, ebay bucks, and bigcrumbs and pay $700 a pop for them. I would bet that is cheaper than the store is going to sell them to you for.

Skrip

Members online