Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Doesn't it suck when a favorite player keeps getting hurt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I was optimistic about my favorite pitcher, Jeff Francis, coming back from shoulder surgery that wiped out his 2009 season.
A few days ago, he pitched 5 scoreless innings in his final Spring Training game.
Then boom boom pow! he feels soreness in his shoulder, and he's put on the 15-Day DL.
Now he might have to undergo shoulder surgery again.

Anyone else have a favorite player who keeps getting hurt?

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
One of my top five players in Bonderman. His last two seasons have been next to a total loss. It appears that he has lost some speed from his fastball and he will have to actually pitch rather than just depend on his fastball and slider. Should be interesting.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Austin said:

Not in Baseball but in Basketball i was a big fan of Shaun Livingston when he entered the NBA in 2004. I actually had the second best Livingston collection on the planet and i had put well over $10, 000 into it. It was very upsetting when Livingston had a near career ending injury. Hes never been the same since. I still get squimish watching this....

[youtube:3celr4t3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsCPE96gdK0[/youtube:3celr4t3]

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
My favourite all time kept getting hurt and it will be his injuries that keep him out of the hall. Francis is also one of my favs so yes I feel your pain.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
My favorite was Cal Ripken Jr. growing up....suckas!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Just having a little fun. My current guy - Brian Roberts has a herniated disc...was misdiagnosed in the offseason with kidney stones ::facepalm::

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
That sucks. My PC player from the same franchise keeps getting hurt. Greg Reynolds. Any idea who will replace Francis while he's out?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
G $MONEY$ said:
Austin said:

Not in Baseball but in Basketball i was a big fan of Shaun Livingston when he entered the NBA in 2004. I actually had the second best Livingston collection on the planet and i had put well over $10, 000 into it. It was very upsetting when Livingston had a near career ending injury. Hes never been the same since. I still get squimish watching this....

[youtube:32gf33xn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsCPE96gdK0[/youtube:32gf33xn]

That was a devastating injury. Do you have a link to your collection? I would love to see what a 10K+ Livingston collection looks like.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
G $MONEY$ said:
Austin said:

[youtube:31q2a5so]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsCPE96gdK0[/youtube:31q2a5so]
I remember watching that play live....ugh!! Im a Clipper fan, and was hoping hed be a star, but I guess he was taken by the Clipper Curse. He never had a jump shot, and that injury robbed his speed.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
kdailey4315 said:
G $MONEY$ said:
Austin said:

[youtube:ne64w0zf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsCPE96gdK0[/youtube:ne64w0zf]

That was a devastating injury. Do you have a link to your collection? I would love to see what a 10K+ Livingston collection looks like.

No i dont have a link to the collection, but i still own almost the whole collection (Only things i moved were a rookie game used jersey and his NBA draft board). Livingston was the #4 overall draft pick and was compared to Magic Johnson after high school, so his rookie year cards were not cheap (His SPX's and SPA's were around $75 a pop on release). I own 14 (his old jersey number) of his Exquisite rookies and i was paying $150+ each for them when they were released (I also paid $700 for his Exquisite gold /14 ::facepalm:: ). I took a huge loss on Livingston. I should have bought more Dwight Howard that year or waited one more year and bought the 2005 #4 pick, Chris Paul. What could have been.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've liked Ian Kinsler since he was ripping up the minors in 2004. I spent, not a crazy amount, but a pretty good amount on his RCs in 2005. Still have them, still waiting for him to put together a 150-game season. Last year was close (though statistically it was a very strong season, 30/30), this year, we'll see. Probably have to wait for 2011. Hopefully he does his usual. Come back early, hav ea blazing 1st half, let me cash out, then get hurt the first game after the break.

Members online