Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why did Pacific lose its MLB license back in 2001?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I believe the company had financial issues they could not over come. Plus they did issue a slice of a Manny Ramirez game used bat on a card that had obvious cork on the slice. MLB didnt take to kindly to that and may feel this is why they lost their license!

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:

Has that ever ended up on ebay or does anyone know if it's been for sale? I'd imagine there would have been a pretty nice premium on the card back in the day.

Also, I wish pacific would come back! By far my favorite brand ever.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I believe Pacific was in far deeper financial trouble before the Ramirez card came out. This was just an excuse for the powers that be in the MLB to not renew the license. They just did not have the money to pay and they were cut off!

Jul 30, 2009
We all know that wasnt manny's bat. I totally believed him when he denied it because Manny wouldnt cheat :lol: ::facepalm::

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
They're an ok brand, I guess. :D

I thought it was more to concentrate on NFL and NHL, but I was naive on the business of the hobby back then.

Latest posts