Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Clever scanning tactic! lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
I just about jumped out of my skin, when I saw this BIN. I was just about to click "Buy it Now" without even reading the description.

Good job scanning to the seller....he'll eventually get someone with that scan. :)

[ebay:2eejda49]390012540016[/ebay:2eejda49]

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
For a guy with 100% feedback with a score close to 3,000, I can't imagine why he's trying to get a negative on a $20 card. At "best" he fools someone who pays, gets the card, and is upset. Don't see the point.

G

kbob119 said:
I just about jumped out of my skin, when I saw this BIN. I was just about to click "Buy it Now" without even reading the description.

Good job scanning to the seller....he'll eventually get someone with that scan. :)

[ebay:1syr3m3d]390012540016[/ebay:1syr3m3d]
Ok what did I miss, some scanners make those look likes Golds, so is that what your are refering to.
Because he does have a refractor listed twice and does not mention Gold?
I'll look again :)

yanksfan4eva

Nov 11, 2008
plus the item desc looks to be for collier ref, but refers to gordon beckham, even the information right above the item description states white sox.

so i guess the winner gets a zach beckham yellow gold refractor for 20

G

yanksfan4eva said:
plus the item desc looks to be for collier ref, but refers to gordon beckham, even the information right above the item description states white sox.

so i guess the winner gets a zach beckham yellow gold refractor for 20
Looks to me that he may have used some kind of saved temple and did not make the adjustments
I see nothing wrong other then it is listed as the wrong team (WhiteSox)

But he does have Philles in the Title and he names the card you will get! So what is wrong here?

G

Jeff N. said:
BunchOBull said:
I don't know anything about this issue. Will you expound upon the fraudulence?

Seller turned his scanner, inadvertently or on purpose, to show more yellow, making the card look like a gold refractor.
Mine Scans like that almost every time. I have to adjust it to make it look right!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Perhaps I am way off, but.........

It simply looks like he put a piece of yellow/orange paper behind the scan to alter the refracting nature of the card to resemble something other than a normal refractor, yes?

If so, do we all agree it's pretty lame to do?

Is there any other possible and plausable explaination??

As far as I know, a colored template not physicly behind the card would not have this effect, no?

G

Bad Seller, very bad seller for doing this. I need to run home and tell someone about this.
MOMMA! MOMMAAAAAAAAAAA :lol: :lol:

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
I'm not complaining about it or calling the seller out, I was just amazed at how much it looked like a gold with the yellow paper.

I see no problem with it myself, but at first glance it does look like a gold.

G

kbob119 said:
I'm not complaining about it or calling the seller out, I was just amazed at how much it looked like a gold with the yellow paper.

I see no problem with it myself, but at first glance it does look like a gold.
Yeah I thought the same thing until I looked at it again and so the little bit of sliver on the top row of the picture.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
matfanofold said:

It simply looks like he put a piece of yellow/orange paper behind the scan to alter the refracting nature of the card to resemble something other than a normal refractor, yes?

As far as I know, a colored template not physicly behind the card would not have this effect, no?

One can adjust their scanner to show high amounts of any of the three primary colors...yay yellow.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Jeff N. said:
matfanofold said:

One can adjust their scanner to show high amounts of any of the three primary colors...yay yellow.

Ofcourse they can my good man.

However, this is done via software and has no effect on the card being scanned.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
If it said gold refractor on there with #ed /50 then I could see why you would call it a scam. But it doesn't and if you don't read the auction print then it's your own fault.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
THREADKILLER-crohrer said:
If it said gold refractor on there with #ed /50 then I could see why you would call it a scam. But it doesn't and if you don't read the auction print then it's your own fault.

I do not believe anyone was calling it a scam, just poor judgment letting a scan like that represent your card. Deceptivly or otherwise.

Members online

Latest posts