Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Fees are so ridiculous

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
This past week I sold 2 bottles of cologne for 20$ish each plus 4$ shipping. They were sold via BIN/B.O. And I was charged 3$ each if they were sold. Both sold so thats 6$ and then two days ago another 5.57$. So just about 12$ in fees for 40$ in cologne. I can only imagine some guys who have 100's of cards listed every month. What are your guys normal ebay fees?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Huffamaniac said:
What does the other 5.57$ represent? Is the your paypal fee? That seems high to be that

What he is saying is that the $5.57 can't be fees related to the cologne.

If you did a buy it now on both bottles, you are looking at 35 cents each, so in all, you paid 6.70 to sell something for $40, which is just at 17 percent. Doesn't sound too bad of a commission rate to me.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
This is an automatically generated email. Please do not reply.***

Invoice Number: 033110-9879166590016

Hello Eric (deseanjackson10eagles),

Your monthly eBay invoice for the period from March 1, 2010 through March 31, 2010 is now available to view online.

Amount Due: $5.67

You have set up PayPal as your automatic payment method. Your invoice amount will be automatically deducted from your PayPal account no sooner than 10 days after the invoice date. The amount deducted may vary based on recent payments or credits.

To view your invoice:
1. Go to http://www.ebay.com and click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You will need to sign in.
2. Click the "Seller Account" link (beneath "My Account" on the left side of the page).
3. Click the "View invoices" link, and then select the invoice you want to view from the pull-down menu.

Remember: eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information (such as your password, credit card and bank account numbers, Social Security number, etc.) in an email.

Thank you for using eBay.

Regards,
eBay

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
MarlinsManiac20 said:
This is an automatically generated email. Please do not reply.***

Invoice Number: 033110-9879166590016

Hello Eric Shouler (deseanjackson10eagles),

Your monthly eBay invoice for the period from March 1, 2010 through March 31, 2010 is now available to view online.

Amount Due: $5.67

You have set up PayPal as your automatic payment method. Your invoice amount will be automatically deducted from your PayPal account no sooner than 10 days after the invoice date. The amount deducted may vary based on recent payments or credits.

To view your invoice:
1. Go to http://www.ebay.com and click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You will need to sign in.
2. Click the "Seller Account" link (beneath "My Account" on the left side of the page).
3. Click the "View invoices" link, and then select the invoice you want to view from the pull-down menu.

Remember: eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information (such as your password, credit card and bank account numbers, Social Security number, etc.) in an email.

Thank you for using eBay.

Regards,
eBay

And you basically owe $5.67 for the ENTIRE listing/sale. Not $12. That $5.67 is the FVF and the Insertion fee.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
MarlinsManiac20 said:
nope I Got 3$ off instantly per.

Getting $3 off per "instantly" means that the $3 was the listing fee. It doesn't seem like you did just do a basic listing. Either you used a subtitle, or some other addition to the listing.

Members online