Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Team Fans: what are you psyched/pissed about after today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Just pick your team and say what you are overly psyched about and overly worried about.

For example: If someone is going to have an OBP problem (Carlos Gomez), I'm glad to see him go 4/5 at the plate.

Alcides Escobar's defense is already on display.

Those are pluses.

The Brewers left over a dozen ducks on the pond today; that is not good.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Psyched to see Beltre, Cameron, and Scutaro play well in their debuts.

Not happy with the performances by Beckett and Ellsbury.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Jays_Cards said:
Psyched to see Beltre, Cameron, and Scutaro play well in their debuts.

Not happy with the performances by Beckett and Ellsbury.

Beckett has consistently been a slow starter, for much of April all together, so while I'm disappointed, I'm certainly not surprised. I expect him to rebound now that the contract is out of the way, and its not against the Yankees.

Ellsbury's game was awful, didn't look comfortable swinging the bat against any pitcher, just sort of sat there hoping for a walk. Love the sight of Scutaro at SS. No one has made me this confident in that position overall since Nomar left.

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010
Texas Rangers

Psyched about the season starting, the pitching, seeing Vladdy in a Rangers uniform, today's 9th inning.

Pissed about the batting, almost losing, Neftali Feliz's outing (just thought he could have done better, almost blew the game).

Not really "pissed", but just going with the thread title.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
:benson: , batista why is he on the team :benson: . other then that considereing losing 11-1 im not to mad

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
psyched that Garret Jones followed up his strong finish to last season with 2 home runs today including a huge blast that ended up in the river.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Psyched that Doc Holliday settled down and dominated. Also psyched that Ryan Howard launched one a mile and
that the rest of the line up hit well.

Pissed that the Mets won.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Beginning's that I'm liking thus far are:

1) Garret Jones
2) The Pirates 11-5 romping of the Dodgers was/still is a shocker! :shock: :eek:
3) Carlos Gonzalez (4-for-5
4) Ian Stewart (I know this is 2 Rockies in a row but it's not because I'm a fan of the team, I'm just hopeful for these 2 as I think Stewart will have a breakout year & become somewhat of a star; while Carlos will boost his status past that of a star & into that between a star/superstar)
5) Roy Halladay (bitnez az usial)
6) Jason Heyward (almost couldn't have scripted it better)
7) Mark Reynolds (getting started on another 40 HR campaign...but what's this??? 2 walks to 1 strikeout :eek: :lol: )

There are MANY MANY more but I'll save some for everyone else (plus my Stros are on & nothing too great has happenned for them thus far, besides the fact Oswalt isn't starting the year on the DL as I figured he would...NIIIIiiiiiice! ;) :D )

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
That Atlanta gets to enjoy Heyward right away, because they can afford to not worry about his service time, and the Marlins have our 2nd best hitter starting the year in AA.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Psyched about Stephen Drew, CarGon, Prado and Polanco.

Pissed about JJ, the Marlins piss poor bullpen and the Tigers / Royals game NOT being on national t.v.

I'll wait til the Twins / Angels game is over to give another Pissed/Psyched

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm pissed that I have to wait 2 days from Opening Day to watch the Orioles frickin' play!

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Shaun Marcum showing no rust after a 20-month absence

Vernon Wells having a huge day and hopefully putting last year behind him

Adam Lind picks up where he left off

On the flip side:

Travis Snider, 0-for-4, 3 Ks

Jason Frasor blowing it in the ninth

Nelson Cruz finding a weird jet stream to centre. Seriously, that ball was not well hit. He's a strong dude, but still....

Bittersweet:

Halladay. I miss him terribly.

Honestly, I have no expectations for the Jays this year. I really don't care if they win or lose, just develop the youngins. So even though they blew it, I wasn't even the slightest bit stressed about it. I mean, 91 or 92 losses, who cares?

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Psyched that Magglio looks closer to the 2006 version and not the 2009 version.

Psyched that Austin Jackson appears to be the real deal.

Bummed that when Verlander allows a team to score in an inning, it is always a crooked number.

Start this same thread after Bonderman and Willis pitch.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Tigers run production and bullpen were encouraging, of course it was against the Royals.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Good to see the Mets offense come alive especially against the team that gives them a lot of trouble now we'll see what the Mets starters not named Johan Santana can do this season as that will be the key to the playoffs(or atleast a winning record)

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Oh & I'm also glad to see David Wright's power resurface! Did anyone notice that today was FULL of homerun's? Maybe it's just because I'm not used to checking baseball stat's yet since the season just started, but man there really was alot of HR's! :D

Beckhamcollector15

Dec 10, 2009
1. Psyched Buehrle looked amazing pitching and locating all of his pitches.
2. Psyched/amazed at his play, that guy does things no other pitcher can.
3. Psyched Putz struck out 2/3 hitters. His speed is down but he had great command and looked good.
4. Psyched Rios played great defense and added a home run, looks like the Toronto all-star we're used to seeing.
5. PISSED Quentin got HBP twice today. Another injury waiting to happen. ::facepalm::

Members online