Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

gambling thread>>>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Lets keep a rolling thread on our wins and (hopefully not too much) losses for the year.....

I killed it today :cool: Up $518

Took the following run lines:
$50 New York Mets -1½ +185
$100 Philadelphia Phillies -1½ -120
$50 Seattle Mariners -1½ +130
$50 St Louis Cardinals -1½ +110
$50 Arizona Diamondbacks -1½ +115
$50 San Francisco Giants -1½ +130

O/U

$50 Philadelphia Phillies team total over 4 -140
$30 Philadelphia Phillies/Washington Nationals over 7½ -120

Parlay
$10 (won $102)
Philadelphia Phillies/Washington Nationals over 7½ -120 for Game
Los Angeles Dodgers/Pittsburgh Pirates over 8½ -120 for Game
Colorado Rockies/Milwaukee Brewers over 7½ -120 for Game
Seattle Mariners/Oakland Athletics over 7 -120 for Game

losses :oops:

$50 Los Angeles Dodgers -1½ +110
$50 Texas Rangers -1½ +150

$10 parlay- (woulda paid nicely)
Philadelphia Phillies -1½ -120 for Game
St Louis Cardinals -1½ +110 for Game
Los Angeles Dodgers -1½ +110 for Game
Seattle Mariners -1½ +130 for Game

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Texas run line -1.5 vs Toronto +120 betting $100 - $100 LOSS
Arizona run line -1.5 vs San Diego +105 betting $100 - $105 WIN
Seattle run line -1.5 vs Oakland -110 betting $200 - $181 WIN

I'll take a profit on Opening Day :)

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Lancemountain said:
we were thinking the same on those :cool:

that seattle game was a nail biter....figgins keeping that one going :lol:

Thank Kouzmanoff's brutal error in the 9th for opening that rally up. Whew. :p

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
Who do you guys wager with? Bodog? I've got some poker money sitting in a few accounts that would be put to better use this way.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Bodog has far and away the worst odds, but it's the easiest to use.

You're basically giving away 1-3 perecent on any given wager. They're also the absolute slowest putting lines up.

Basically, Bodog offers very little to the customer in terms of actually making money.

If you start betting over 500-1000 a week, I'd get the hell out of there.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I'm just stating an opinion here, I'm not trying to rile people up, but for some reason this thread being here on the boards really bothers me. It's weird b/c 1) I know box breaking is essentially gambling and 2) I know prospecting is essentially gambling and keeping track of profits and talking about them on this site is common place. I guess it's just the pure gambling aspect that bothers and the sheer idea of money on the game and it being broadcast for all to see, including younger kids/teenagers that I don't think need exposure to this.

I guess more of my concern is if this thread kept going throughout the season. I worry it draws people into gambling on the game and sports in general, which I guess I just don't agree with.

Anyway, like I said, I just wanted to share an opinion and ask that this not continue on the site. It's nothing more than just a person feeling I wanted to express. I can see both sides of the coin on this one (literally and figuratively).

Bill

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Bill Menard said:
I'm just stating an opinion here, I'm not trying to rile people up, but for some reason this thread being here on the boards really bothers me. It's weird b/c 1) I know box breaking is essentially gambling and 2) I know prospecting is essentially gambling and keeping track of profits and talking about them on this site is common place. I guess it's just the pure gambling aspect that bothers and the sheer idea of money on the game and it being broadcast for all to see, including younger kids/teenagers that I don't think need exposure to this.

I guess more of my concern is if this thread kept going throughout the season. I worry it draws people into gambling on the game and sports in general, which I guess I just don't agree with.

Anyway, like I said, I just wanted to share an opinion and ask that this not continue on the site. It's nothing more than just a person feeling I wanted to express. I can see both sides of the coin on this one (literally and figuratively).

Bill

I cannot agree more. We have a responsibility to the younger crowd on this board and I believe if you want to talk gambling there are plenty of other sites you can do that on. I just dont think this has any place on this board and to keep it rolling through the season would be detrimental to many here on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts