Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jason Heyward regret thread..........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Ok, fess up.

Early sellers commiserate here.

I bought 4 sterling refractors at a show last september (one bgs 9.5) for $450, and sold them for $450 in february cause I needed some cash, and didn't want to wait........today, I could get $1300 for them. :oops: :oops: :cry:

I knew they would go up, I knew it!!! :evil: :evil:

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
pulled these two:

07 donruss elite heyward red status auto /50
07 donruss elite heyward totc auto /169

think I sold the red for $125 and the totc for $45 ::facepalm:: probably could get $550 now

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
I've probably had around 5 sterlings, probably a couple gems, several chromes and bases (raw and 9.5's), sterling ref 9.5 true gem, a few 08 autos, and the Elite 1/1 black status auto. Total profiit? Around 400-500 (mainly cause I made 400 on the elite 1/1, though I could have made SO much more :( )

zach

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Sold this for just about $600 a little over a month ago. I knew it would appreciate, but I needed the money. I did make a profit, but it wasn't much.

Heyward7.jpg

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I regret not having bought the Superfractor. I had really wanted to get it, but couldn't make the numbers work in time. Oh well, I still have my orange.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Ugh, how about the countless bowman chrome base singles I could have held onto, but I just didn't want them to take up any space, traded away for store credit for $1-$2 each.......I've probably gone through forty of them.......but I just can't stand holding onto base singles.........even with the possibility of a 2500% profit.......I...just.....can't... :cry:

I've been through Jeff Francouer, Clay Buchholz, Jay Bruce......and now Heyward, and I still can't get myself to hold onto any for a significant period of time - just too much clutter!!! :evil: :evil:

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
got shorted an auto from an 08 bowman box and topps sent me a heyward auto. i traded it for a bgs 9.5 elite jordan walden, a 9.5 topps chrome traded kendrick rc and a 07 chrome ref auto of peter bourjos. all are pc items, so it's not that big of a deal but if i look at it in terms of current cv...i got hosed :oops:

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010
In my first 6 baseball boxes ever, I pulled 4 Heyward Chrome autos (3 base chrome autos, 1 chrome refractor auto). I also had a box where I did not pull an auto, sent the packs and UPC to Topps and they sent me a Jason Heyward chrome base auto.

I sold each of the 4 chrome base for I think $40 a piece and the refractor for maybe $55? I really don't want to see what they go for now.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
I wonder what this would go for now?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0410232833

When Draft released I sold 10 Chromes for like $40, 10 base for $25 and 10 golds for $25. I recently sold an Aflac for $200,Xfractor Auto $120, 10 Chrome & 9 base $95 and 2 Draft Gems $50 & $42. Thought I did well at the time. I wanted to hold onto the Aflac but if it had fallen under $200 again I would not have been happy.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Sold a 2007 BCDP Gold Ref BGS 9.5 for $375 a year ago.
Sold a 2007 BCDP Blue Ref BGS 9.5 for $175 two months ago.
Sold base chromes and refractors several times, for not too much.
Dammit.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
Halonut said:
got shorted an auto from an 08 bowman box and topps sent me a heyward auto. i traded it for a bgs 9.5 elite jordan walden, a 9.5 topps chrome traded kendrick rc and a 07 chrome ref auto of peter bourjos. all are pc items, so it's not that big of a deal but if i look at it in terms of current cv...i got hosed :oops:
I did a similar thing. Pulled an 08 Chrome Refractor auto /500. Traded it for an Ervin 04 Elite auto /25, and a few other Angel PC cards.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
i accidentally sat on my orange ref from 07 draft :benson: :benson:

don't even want to look for what they are going for now....

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Bought a Sterling 9.5 auto and sold it a few months back for a small loss at a time when I needed cash. Now I could get more than double what I initially paid for it.

More regrettably, I was able to pick up about 30 Base/Gold from 07 Draft for slightly under what current market price seemed to be. I was looking for a quick flip, never anticipating the absolute mania that struck shortly thereafter, so I put them all in a lot with the two chromes I had pulled earlier and listed them right away 7-day auction style starting at 1 cent.

---After fees on the final sale price, I had profited $7.10 (sold for about $60), which was about $25 less than I thought I would make on the lot. This was disappointing in itself, but had I waited about two more weeks to sell, I easily would have pulled in at least $100 on the lot. Had I held them til today, I would be pulling in about $250 for the lot ::facepalm::

Hindsight is always 20/20 though...you win some, you lose some. Just so happened that I lost this one in a big way. Total, I probably missed out on about $300 of additional profit. Instead, I barely broke even on my total investment of Heyward.

Members online

Latest posts