Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I am a savvy businessman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
So in an effort to dramatically reduce my amount of cards on hand, I've taken to completing near-complete sets and selling them. The other day, I realized I was six cards short of a 450 card Pacific base set. Found the cards on Sportslots and paid about $4 delivered.
Put the set up and sold it for a whopping $0.99 plus $10 S&H. Just shipped it (Canada to US) for no less than $14.38. I could've sent it for $11 but they said it would take up to 4 weeks.

So, all told, I spent about $8 to get a complete set to some guy in Illinois. Pretty funny stuff.

I could've recycled, burned, donated, anything these cards and had about $8 more walking around money. Truthfully, I couldn't care less; I'm glad to have 450 less cards to worry about in the house.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Why not try selling them on Sportlots?I make an extra few hundred every month on there.I have more ******* cards than I know what to do with.I have been slowly listing them all.Hell I even sold an 88 Donruss card the other day.
Mike

brumbach

Yup, I discovered about 5 years ago that selling sets sucks. Base sets, parallel sets, sets with all of the short-prints, didn't matter. At least everyone will be happy that you ran an auction instead of one of those horrible fixed price listings, hopefully the buyer won't bang your DSR for shipping cost. :D

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Since eBay's new policy discounts transactions where Canadians buy from Americans, I certainly hope that Canadians are getting dinged on their DSRs.

I was pretty much furious when I read that "International Transactions Won't Count Towards your DSRs"

Because it meant "I CAN CHANGE 7 DOLLARS SHIPPING AND IT WONT MATTER!"

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
I agree listing commons is the way to go. Although it's very time consuming. I used to give away, toss whatever all my base. Started listing them on Sportsbuy a few months ago and have sold about $300 since. Also found a Heritage SSP in there that I sold for $90 in there !

Here's my savvy story.

Christmas 2008- Avon cologne gift set. Not my style. I sell on ebay and after it's all said and done I spent $4 out of pocket to get rid on my unwanted gift.

Christmas 2009- Pez boxed set. Not my style. I sell them and buyer claims they were opened. I lose $8.

Christmas 2010- I will not ebay my unwanted gifts. lol

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
I will sometimes discount shipping rates for larger lots to avoid freaking out the buyer with an $8 shipping fee and simply hope extra bidding will cover the difference. I usually lose this battle. I still like the idea of discounting shipping on these items but in the future I'll have to bump up the min bid price a bit.

Members online

Latest posts