Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Game Thread 4/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Why is Giambi starting over Helton ? ::facepalm::

Jan 15, 2009
Jurgy25 said:
Giants up 3-1. Another solid outing by a SP. Giants SP has not given up an earned run all year. Also HR by Bowker. So far so good for Giants fans.
I have picked up Bowker in all of my leagues before today...he is set for a breakout year....the one out he had was a LASER

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Brewers just tied it up at 4. Sac fly by Kottaras driving in Edmonds.

Cook getting yanked.

Aug 29, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:

I've read that in an effort to keep Helton fresh all year long they are only going to play him 130-140 games this year. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesn't play more than 2 or 3 games in a row without a day off, especially this early in the year.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
55_marlins_sp said:

It's probably that new baseball theory that dictates old men can't play in a day game that follows a night game.

Giants looking good this year so far.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Foolish on Andy Tracy's part. Hawpe and Seth Smith aren't in either.

Tracy screwed up not pulling a double switch earlier. Cook got yanked an inning too late.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
Foolish on Andy Tracy's part. Hawpe and Seth Smith aren't in either.

Tracy screwed up not pulling a double switch earlier. Cook got yanked an inning too late.

Jim Tracy.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
55_marlins_sp said:

I've read that in an effort to keep Helton fresh all year long they are only going to play him 130-140 games this year. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesn't play more than 2 or 3 games in a row without a day off, especially this early in the year.

I wish the Braves would do this with Chipper Jones. The Pirates did it with Willie Stargell for the 78 and 79 season which extended his career another 5 years. Many thought his career was over after the 77 season.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Wish the Red Sox would do it with Big Papi

19braves77 said:
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
55_marlins_sp said:

I wish the Braves would do this with Chipper Jones. The Pirates did it with Willie Stargell for the 78 and 79 season which extended his career another 5 years. Many thought his career was over after the 77 season.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Ryo1549 said:
What is wrong with the Astros? Effing horrible! Hunter pence is hitting a whopping .000 for the year Hell yeah!

1. Poor Drafting
2. Poor Contracts
3. Lack of spending on free agents
4. Everyone's old (besides Manzella, Johnson, Towles, Pence and Bourn, everyone is over the age of 30.....and only 2 of those guys are legit producers).
5. Don't look too much into 2 games (well 3 now) on Pence. It is that fanciful Age 27 Year, so I am sure we will see an uptick in his numbers (once he bats with men on base and has a little more protection than just Carlos Lee).

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Anthony K. said:
Ryo1549 said:
What is wrong with the Astros? Effing horrible! Hunter pence is hitting a whopping .000 for the year Hell yeah!

1. Poor Drafting
2. Poor Contracts
4. Everyone's old (besides Manzella, Johnson, Towles, Pence and Bourn, everyone is over the age of 30.....and only 2 of those guys are legit producers).
5. Don't look too much into 2 games (well 3 now) on Pence. It is that fanciful Age 27 Year, so I am sure we will see an uptick in his numbers (once he bats with men on base and has a little more protection than just Carlos Lee).

Astros don't suck but San Fran is just too Hot so far

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
G-men are hot right now!

I was not a fan of Tracy pulling various starters, from today's game. Needless to say: We'll be going home to the Padres. Jorge'll be starting, and the rest-day should get us right on track!

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Superfractor said:
G-men are hot right now!

I was not a fan of Tracy pulling various starters, from today's game. Needless to say: We'll be going home to the Padres. Jorge'll be starting, and the rest-day should get us right on track!

Richard and Latos wont go down easy ;)

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
js0000001 said:
Anthony K. said:
Ryo1549 said:

1. Poor Drafting
2. Poor Contracts

Astros don't suck but San Fran is just too Hot so far

How can you say they don't suck when they are predicted to finish in 5th or 6th in the Central?

Believe me, I am a die hard Astros fan, but I know this is definitely not the astros season.

Members online

Latest posts