Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some quick help regarding an Ebay Claim-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Hey guys, I am going to file a claim on a seller because a card I received did not meet the 'Mint' condition that the seller stated the card was in. He has agreed to refund me, but he wanted me to mail the card back to him before the money is sent. Is this normal practice or am I to be refunded my money first and then send the card out. I am not sure what is the correct method. I believe that the seller will refund me, but I am filing the claim with paypal/ebay just to have it on record. Let me know if I am being an idiot or not and what the proper method is.

Thanks for the help.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Paypal has an option when you file claims where it lets the seller say ‘will issue refund once card is received.’ This is to prevent buyers from saying they’ll return cards but NOT actually doing so (totally NOT saying you’d do that, but some buyers aren’t so honest).

Send the card back w/DC + then get your refund.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
I've had to send several cards back over the years and have taken a return or two. Common practice is to simply send the card back then the seller will refund the money. I would do this before opening a claim simply to avoid alienating the seller. You can always open a claim later should the seller not refund the money. Just be sure to send your item back with DC unless it is a cheap item.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
If I was a seller, I sure as hell wouldn't refund any money until the card is returned. Once I refund, who's to say the buyer doesn't send the card??

Absolutely that is legit protocol. Send the card back, with DC, and then get the refund.