Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can we not have a Jason Heyward thread per day?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I understand all the people that get mad because they see a bunch of different threads of something they have no interest in, but if thats the case then don't open up the thread!

By the way in complaining about Heyward threads you just created another Heyward thread

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
ahill1 said:
I understand all the people that get mad because they see a bunch of different threads of something they have no interest in, but if thats the case then don't open up the thread!

By the way in complaining about Heyward threads you just created another Heyward thread

he knows what he did

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
ahill1 said:

That was the joke

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
On this board, heavy with minor league fanatics and prospectors, Heyward is the best real-deal thing to come around in 8-9 years.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
serving4theking said:
On this board, heavy with minor league fanatics and prospectors, Heyward is the best real-deal thing to come around in 8-9 years.

Like Alex Gordon was on BMB? Or the guy before him and the guy after and the buy next year? Prospecting is based on hype and getting something cheap enough to sell at the right time and hope you hit it big. I would rather drop the money on a card about 5+ years into a players career where he has shown consistent playing and nice numbers. Dropping 3 grand on a Pujols chrome is much more better than 3 grand on some kids super who has done nothing yet and pray he pans out in the end. I picked up a Gehrig slabbed cut for 1800 a few months back and why that could of bought a prospects super or other high end card of his. I dont have to worry about the Gehrig dropping in price anytime soon and in 30 years. It will be something resell and make a nice profit on. I am not bashing prospectors at all, Just not my cup of tea and really dont see the point in it.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
chompsmcgee said:
Can we please just go back to having a Jesus Montero thread per day...

I'm sorry, no. We can't.

For some reason there was a surprising correlation between Jersey Shore posts and Montero posts.

Jesus "Snookie" Montero will have his day, don't worry

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
ahill1 said:

o_rly.jpg

I can't wait to see which hype train, is scheduled to pass by.

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
Marro said:
serving4theking said:

Like Alex Gordon was on BMB? Or the guy before him and the guy after and the buy next year? Prospecting is based on hype and getting something cheap enough to sell at the right time and hope you hit it big. I would rather drop the money on a card about 5+ years into a players career where he has shown consistent playing and nice numbers. Dropping 3 grand on a Pujols chrome is much more better than 3 grand on some kids super who has done nothing yet and pray he pans out in the end. I picked up a Gehrig slabbed cut for 1800 a few months back and why that could of bought a prospects super or other high end card of his. I dont have to worry about the Gehrig dropping in price anytime soon and in 30 years. It will be something resell and make a nice profit on. I am not bashing prospectors at all, Just not my cup of tea and really dont see the point in it.

Maybe you're right, but Heyward seems to be more like Griffey or Pujols -- a sure, sure thing. I don't think Gordon or Delmon Young or any of the hype from recent years compares to Heyward. But I say that humbly as an opinion. And I don't own a single Heyward RC :)

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
chashawk said:
^^^ From what I remeber, Alex Gordon was being hailed as the second coming.

By some.

I always thought 2006 was split into two camps. You were either a Gordon guy or an Upton guy. Some like thick ankles and midwestern grit. Some like 5 tools and athletic builds.

Members online

Latest posts