Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Met Jesus Montero and other SWB Yanks tonight..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chisox1917

Oct 21, 2009
For $75 here in Moosic, there was a meet-and-greet with all the players and coaches - really cool event. Free alcohol, food, autographs, opportunities to interact with players.

Most notably:
- Montero didn't say a word all night, I tried to talk to him, he just said "hey" and walked away..wish I knew my Spanish more
- Boone Logan was the coolest guy there probably, loved my White Sox apparel I was sporting
- Kei Igawa stole the show personality-wise, just like every other time there's something happening here..hilarious guy
- Zach McAllister was a real nice guy

There was no real a-hole like last year, looking at you Angel Berroa. The damage was nice too, got the entire team in a program, most of the team on a baseball (and who I didn't get on a baseball, I got 8x10's like Montero and Miranda).

Would scan, but a bit lazy lol. Montero was on the first table, and I'd say 10% of the people (only 150 were there, private-type session) left after they got his autograph.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Yeah Jesus is a friendly enough guy but he is still working on his English. My children and I met him when he was in Charleston class A and he was working on "What's up Dude!?"

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Montero spoke fluent English last year. After the a-hole graphers in the Eastern League last year, he has had enough hence the shyness.

chisox1917

Oct 21, 2009
jbone17 said:
Montero spoke fluent English last year. After the a-hole graphers in the Eastern League last year, he has had enough hence the shyness.
Yeah too bad..there were surprisingly not many idiots there tonight. I went through the line twice, getting 1 thing signed both times..the worst I saw was just a few people getting 3-4 things signed then not getting back in line.

But during the "mingling" period, damn near everybody was a little bit anxious to get more things signed :lol:.

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
Awesome pickups. I hope Montero signs for fans before the eventual call-up. Even if he did what Phil Hughes did (stand behind the gate going down the line signing one item per person), I'd be thrilled. I picked up an OMLB over the winter for him to sign. I'm also glad to hear another Kei Igawa story. He's always been a class act and very pleasant when I've met him. Now if only he could figure out major league hitting... :p

Members online

Latest posts