Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

4/8 MLb Game discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Pirates GM Neal doesn't sound that dumb on TV

I wonder how long they stay with the pitcher batting #8 to get more baserunners in front of McClutchen.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Vernon Wells sure is hot. 4 HRs in the series. Had 15 all of last year. He demolishes that stadium every time he's there.

Nice to see the Jays take 2 of 3. They should've won the opener and probably should've lost today so it all evens out. Romero pitched very well.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
This just in-Miguel Cabrera is an absolute beast.

In my opinion, this is the year Cabrera really becomes elite, making himself a true MVP candidate every year. As we all know, according to him he has given up drinking, and from what he has said it sounds like he finally has grown up. If so, it could be real scary for opposing pitchers.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Billingsley with a nice line and a W. Would be great if he could finally put together a full top-flight season.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
Vernon Wells sure is hot. 4 HRs in the series. Had 15 all of last year. He demolishes that stadium every time he's there.

Nice to see the Jays take 2 of 3. They should've won the opener and probably should've lost today so it all evens out. Romero pitched very well.

Several years ago a lot of people thought he would move into the elite player category, instead, it felt like he regressed a little. I wonder if this is the year he goes nuts, great starts can mean everything from a confidence perspective.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
hail2thevictors said:

In my opinion, this is the year Cabrera really becomes elite, making himself a true MVP candidate every year. As we all know, according to him he has given up drinking, and from what he has said it sounds like he finally has grown up. If so, it could be real scary for opposing pitchers.

He has been elite for years. This drinking thing has been so overblown it's laughable.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
hail2thevictors said:

He has been elite for years. This drinking thing has been so overblown it's laughable.
Don't know if I'm in the minority, but I've been pretty disappointed with his development over the last couple of years. In 2003 as a 23 year old he had a .430 OBP, 78 XBH's, 112 runs. Since then his slugging and OBP have been down and he hasn't scored 100 runs in a season. Last season was a nice rebound from the one before, but he has not "broken out" in the way that many would have hoped for based on his development in his first three full seasons. At that point he was on a historic trajectory, and he's leveled off tremendously. As for the drinking being overblown, I don't think there's any way for us to know that at this point in time.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Three swinging strikes. Heyward is going to see a lot more sliders at his back foot after that at bat against Marmol.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
johnny rook said:
Three swinging strikes. Heyward is going to see a lot more sliders at his back foot after that at bat against Marmol.
The advance scouts in the stands couldn't write that down fast enough.

"Find someone who throws Carlos Marmol slider" :lol:

Members online

Latest posts