Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grading 2009 Elite Extra Edition Die Cut Autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I just got these grades back from BGS. These five cards were what I'd consider to be in the best shape out of about 100. And by "best", I mean they had light to moderate chipping along the top/bottom back edges.

Looks as though BGS is being lenient with them. That, or my grader was in a good mood. 4 out of 5 ain't bad, but I honestly thought the Chapman was in better shape than the others. Go figure.

ItemID Set Name Player Final Grade

6427136 2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Aspirations Aroldis Chapman Does Not Meet Minimum Grade

6427135 2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Status Jake Marisnick 9.5 (9.5, 9, 9.5, 9.5)

6427134 2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Status Todd Glaesmann 9.5 (9.5, 9.5, 9, 10)

6427133 2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Status Kyle Gibson 9.5 (9.5, 9.5, 9, 9.5)

6427132 2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Status Mychal Givens 9.5 (9.5, 9, 9.5, 9.5)

Remember, BGS is holding a weekly special in which any parallel of a prospect #d to 200 or less is eligible, and you don't have to pay $2 extra per auto. I might try sending in a few more.

http://www.beckett.com/estore/news/?esk ... 0Spotlight

I'll post scans of the backs when I get them on Monday.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Nice gems on the die cuts. I have one from 08 on its way now, along with 4 from 09. Should have the grades in a month or so. PC guys so time isn't important

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Congrats on the gems.

I've seen some scans from people of their recent submissions and there were cards that got 9.5's where you could see condition issues (like white corners) in the scans. I'm just hoping Beckett is lenient with the submission I just sent, but every time I look at my gems that were graded years ago I wonder if they should now be in BGS 10 holders. I remember using a serious magnifying glass to inspect the cards I sent in and still getting 8.5's on cards I thought were absolutely perfect. Now a cursory glance with a naked eye seems enough to spot the issues that may keep it from being a 9.5, and even then there's always a chance of an "easy grader."

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I wasn't going to send any in but after this post I may give it a shot. They really look like 9s to me (and that's the best of the bunch from seven cases) but if BGS is being lenient, I could see some coming back Gem.

Figure with the special, now is as good a time as any to try it out.

Thanks for the info.

Members online

Latest posts