Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is a fake, right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm trying to get better at spotting things like this: [ebay:vep6nnog]150431975005[/ebay:vep6nnog]

Only the first how many were signed?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
The auto'd ones were not numbered in order, which is what makes these a giant pain in the ass.

There are also some backdoored cards with the "Authentic Autograph" wording that have forged autos on them.

It also does no good to buy a graded version as many fakes were slabbed.

There is a member here who has written extensively on these. Basically not worth the trouble, imho.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
chashawk said:
The auto'd ones were not numbered in order, which is what makes these a giant pain in the ass.

There are also some backdoored cards with the "Authentic Autograph" wording that have forged autos on them.

There is a member here who has written extensively on these. Basically not worth the trouble, imho.

There IS some method to the autos. I wish I could remember what it was.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
chashawk said:

I must be thinking of something else.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
http://reviews.ebay.com/2001-Fleer-Lega ... 0005147675

Someone else whose name eludes me now (which is embarrassing since he's someone I've chatted with numerous times) has written another piece which is really good as well. The biggest sign is the auto since his auto's on the card pretty much all looked the same. The numbering is not an indication.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
This one is worse, right?

[ebay:1vb3nsmn]350338917753[/ebay:1vb3nsmn]

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Here's a thread with some info.

http://forums.collectors.com/messag...eadid=630465&highlight_key=y&keyword1=pujols

LegacyLot.jpg

Members online